Breadboard edges with Plywood; why?

I am making a blanket chest http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/blanketcloser.html Its the first thing I have ever made from plans.
The lid is plywood with solid sides and breadboarded ends. Is there any reason to breadboard plywood, or is it just a design detail? I can't see that the ends need to be done any differently than the sides.
Hi Toller,
I can only imagine that it's to give the chest a style/period detail. There's no real warping or shrinkage issues with plywood. Having said that, I think that particular piece would miss the breadboard ends.
Cheers
Frank

to hide the edge veneer?
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Toller" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

It is just a design detail. Craftsman pieces usually have that look to them. I would try to keep the breadboard ends if I were building it. I just don't think it would look right without them.
Frank