bread box

Looking for a nice plan for kitchen bread box

I have a nice kitchen bread box. Made up the plans in me own 'ead.
What I did was lay some bread loaves out, measured the space, and made a box that fit around that space. I actually used three large loaves, with two on the bottom and one on the top and then made a box with a sloping front that has a dowel hinge at the bottom for bread access. I'll try ascii art to show what I mean:
The slope is actually a little greater and the top relatively wider than I can show with the limitations of the art form. I used 3/4 inch mahogany and finished it with Minwax Antique Oil finish.
-Don
Sat, Nov 4, 2006, 2:21pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nbnet.nb.ca (DonRichard) doth claim: Looking for a nice plan for kitchen bread box
More like asking. I don't eat bread often enough to warrant keeping it out, it would spoil before I ate it. So I keep it in the freezer, then drop a couple of slices in the toaster when I want some, I like it toasted better anyway. If you google you can find several free plans, whether you'd call them nice, I don't know.
JOAT If you're not making a rocket, it ain't rocket science.
Try this...
http://www.am-wood.com/nov97/bread.html .
Barry www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk