brands of air compressors?

Is this because the oil-lube are quieter and more reliable?

I've looked around locally a bit. I haven't seen any of these in hardware stores. Are they only available mail order?

Reply to
Top Spin

If it's for occasional, home-workshop use, does it make that much difference?

Which ones do you have? How quiet are these units?

Reply to
Top Spin

Actually you will have to go to your local industrial supplier to find names like Quincy, IR, and Rolair. Typically the people that supply your local contractors will carry brands like these.

DeWalt (Emglo) can be found almost anywhere tools are sold.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Porter Cable and Delta are essentially the same company. The management group is the same, they are housed under the same roof, and manufacturing facilities have been combined in many cases.

Devilbiss is its own company. The only affiliation besides producing product for Porter Cable and Delta, is that they are also owned by Pentair.

Hoffman enclosures is probably the other company you referenced.

They also own brand names like Viper, Hickory, Oldham, etc.

You can find the info at

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I have seen some DeWalt units. I just didn't know until now that that was the same as Emglo. Thanks

Reply to
Top Spin

The Italian's made Emglo's compressor (seven years ago) was enclosed in a steel casing with insulating materials and it sound just like my house central aircon.

Right now I have a $200, Taiwan's made 6.5hp, two stages compressor. I do not believe the spec. My best guess it is a 1.5hp, 15 amps 5+CFM compressor, base on "kick-in" and "kick-out" usage (too troublesome to remove the cylinder heads, pistons etc. and calculate.....). I rewired it to 220V after I experienced tripping, when it "kick-in."

Reply to
WD

I was looking at a Quincy today, which was the first I'd heard of them. The units I saw had believable specs at slightly discounted industrial prices. They looked like they were spray painted while attached to the shipping pallet, which would probably make the typical BORG shopper think of them as cheesy. Upon external inspection they appeared to be of serious quality, reminding me of IR's industrial gear.

I don't care what it looks like on the pallet, I care about how they compress air.

Does anyone here own a Quincy? What do you think of it?

Thanks, Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .