Brad nailing cypress

I've been making fly catchers out of (a pallet of tongue and groove) cypress and brad nailing them while the glue sets up.
What I've noticed is that the brads don't necessarily go where you point them. What happens is that the brads follow the grain such that if the grain is running diagonally the brad goes diagonally.
Is this a problem unique to cypress? It's rather annoying having a brad sticking out of the wood rather than through it! I've been watching the grain to determine where to start the brad, but I'm thinking that there must be a better way.
Also, who makes a good exterior wood glue? I used to like Franklin, because it sanded well, but that is not a concern here.
Jeff

Brads *do* follow grain quite often. It's fairly common. Instead of trying to explain what you need to, have a look at this link and then ask questions if you have any. Scroll down about two pages.
http://www.waterfront-woods.com/Articles/Nailers.htm
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Good article.
--
 GW Ross

 I didn't fight my way to the top of
On 9/24/2013 8:38 AM, j wrote:

Turn the nailer 90 degrees and try again.
--
Jeff