Brad nailers:

Page 2 of 2

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId6441-61735-J-6901-100&lpage=none
I could use them to push my homebrew beer out of the kegs, too. LOL. I just don't think I could run a brad nailer with them and that would be the main use.
I've been planning to ask... do you (or anyone out there) know of a better deal than this? Or, does anyone have a reason why this would be a bad idea (or a better machine/kit for similar money (say under $100) which would be a better buy (I.e. more psi)? The main use would be tacking things together while glue sets... hobby stuff, not commercial and not every day. Airbrushes, inflating stuff, etc. would be secondary (though as I think about it, some small amount of light sandblasting would be nice). I'd hate to buy a machine and have it be inadequate off the bat.
Ed

CO2? No problem with nailers. Tank pressure at room temperature is 800 psi. Try and get that out of a compressor. I've been using CO2 in the shop for more than 15 years now. The compressor stays in the garage for the few occasions I want to air up a tire or spin a wrench. I'm considering nitrogen next rather than filling the CO2 when it runs out. Nitrogen would be a better fill for the tires, and then I can retire the compressor.

I don't want to push it too hard, but for everything except sandblasting and air tools (high continuous cfm at relatively low pressure), CO2 works way better than a compressor for me. It's all but silent, and there's no long, heavy, clumsy hose to drag around. (Have you noticed that air hoses are always a foot shorter than you need?) For home use, the 20 lb tank lasts a couple of years. Come to think of it, it's coming up on 4 years or more on this fill. (Did I mention that it's quiet? and easier to drag around than a long hose?)
Thanks for all the reviews, looks like air wins.
Sal

Sal, Sal,Sal,
You need to share your intended use andbudget limitations to get a fair response.
Few who have used any of the less expensive Electric Stapler/Nailers would recommend them for general use in a wood shop or for nailing through Oak or Masonite.
You just missed the "Special Sales" days but should be able to find an "outfit" including a small compressor and at least one nailer for under $70 and certainly under $100. Check the RETURN POLICY first. Then buy it, try it and return it (if you choose) until you find what your needs demand.
I recently bought two Hitachi's (albeit 15GA finishing nailers) on closeout at Lowes for $44 each and returned the one I bought from HFT and got my $85.00 back. Did Not like the HFT action - sticky) and love the Hitachi's. I have all pneumatic nailers Porter Cable 18GA, Stanley Stapler & Coil Nailer and another Hitachi Coil Nailer (full-head to 3" nails).
I have a Stanley electric stapler, but wouldn't advise spending cash for one if the wood is hard/dense and would keep to short staples and be prepared to use a hammer to finish drive each one.
Hi again, The nailer will be used for projects around home e.g.. small ornamental plywood cutouts window and doorframe molding etc. my budget will allow around 100.00$ thanks for all the info, people.
Sal