Brad nailers:

Hi again, The nailer will be used for projects around home e.g.. small ornamental plywood cutouts window and doorframe molding etc. my budget will allow around 100.00$ thanks for all the info, people.

Sal

Reply to
sal

?action=productDetail&productId=166441-61735-J-6901-100&lpage=none> Apparently (looking online) the included brad/staple nailer only takes up

You'll hate the noise. Airbrushes use very little air, a few cfm at not much more than 15 psi, even for t-shirts.

Reply to
MikeWhy

>> Apparently (looking online) the included brad/staple nailer only takes up

I could use them to push my homebrew beer out of the kegs, too. LOL. I just don't think I could run a brad nailer with them and that would be the main use.

I've been planning to ask... do you (or anyone out there) know of a better deal than this? Or, does anyone have a reason why this would be a bad idea (or a better machine/kit for similar money (say under $100) which would be a better buy (I.e. more psi)? The main use would be tacking things together while glue sets... hobby stuff, not commercial and not every day. Airbrushes, inflating stuff, etc. would be secondary (though as I think about it, some small amount of light sandblasting would be nice). I'd hate to buy a machine and have it be inadequate off the bat.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Edelenbos

CO2? No problem with nailers. Tank pressure at room temperature is 800 psi. Try and get that out of a compressor. I've been using CO2 in the shop for more than 15 years now. The compressor stays in the garage for the few occasions I want to air up a tire or spin a wrench. I'm considering nitrogen next rather than filling the CO2 when it runs out. Nitrogen would be a better fill for the tires, and then I can retire the compressor.

I don't want to push it too hard, but for everything except sandblasting and air tools (high continuous cfm at relatively low pressure), CO2 works way better than a compressor for me. It's all but silent, and there's no long, heavy, clumsy hose to drag around. (Have you noticed that air hoses are always a foot shorter than you need?) For home use, the 20 lb tank lasts a couple of years. Come to think of it, it's coming up on 4 years or more on this fill. (Did I mention that it's quiet? and easier to drag around than a long hose?)

Reply to
MikeWhy

Arghhh!! We were thrown out the class in dishonour with no hope of being Jedi

as we had been seduced by the dark side... ( dammit I forgot me passive

pluperfect so it's gibberish taiwanese stereo manual translation)

Reply to
Jerry