brad nailer/air compressor combos

I'm in the market for a brad nailer/air compressor combo for $180-$200, or so. Porter-Cable, Campbell-Hausfeld, Bostitch and others in this price range seem fairly comparable. Do any of the various brands stand out as especially good or especially not good for any of you folks?
Thanks
Lynn Willis Indianapolis snipped-for-privacy@iupui.edu

I'm *real* happy with the Porter-Cable combo I bought about a year ago.

I'm in Indy too (NW side, near Lafayette Square). If you want to drop by some time and take a test-drive, let me know -- my real email address is below.
--
Regards,
snipped-for-privacy@iupui.edu wrote:

I can't speak for the compressor, but I really like my PC brad nailer. bc
I bought the PC compressor/brad nailer combo in 1997. The compressor died in 2003 and the brad gun is still going strong. I'm a carpenter, so the compressor got used pretty much daily for about 6 years. I'd say I got my money's worth. Highly recommended. --dave

Thu, Oct 12, 2006, 6:26am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@iupui.edu doth queryeth: I'm in the market for a brad nailer/air compressor combo for $180-$200, or so. Porter-Cable, Campbell-Hausfeld, Bostitch and others in this price range seem fairly comparable. Do any of the various brands stand out as especially good or especially not good for any of you folks?
My older son says my HF brad nailer works just fine - cost about $20. I've got a little $50-60 compressor that should be great with it. I dunno tho, he "borrowed" the brad nailer before I had a chance to use it, haven't seen it since.
Unless you plan to do a whole lot of brad nailing, I'd get as big a compressor as I could afford, you never know when you'll need the extra capacity.
Campbell-Hausfeld
That's the brand you will see if you look up "terrible customer service" in the dictionary.
J.C.

I just got the PC kit with finish nailer, brad nailer, stapler and it all seems pretty good. All these oil-less compressors run pretty loud, though.
I would have taken a good look at the Senco kit if I could have found one around here.

Based on other folks' recommendations and the performance of my palm nailer, I'm going with Senco when I take the plunge. (I already have a compressor . . . .)
-Don -- Pooder approved this post . . . .