Brad Nailer

I just saw a Brad Nailer 5/8 to 2 inch Model Number 54461-5VGA for $39.95 on Harbor Freight website. Is this a good price for this Model? Has anybody purchased and used one? TIA The Old Goat Please reply to Group.

The HF brads nailers and staplers are a great value. However, if you can physically go to a store, you will find that they are usually on sale much cheaperthan online. At very least, they will match the online price with a printout.
The 18 ga. brad is sometimes on sale for $12-$14. The combo stapler/brad was bought by me on sale for $24 when I needed just a stapler.
I've found that the HF brads and staples should be replaced with brand named fasteners. They seem to jam too easily, even in my Dewalt 18 ga.
I got one from HF here in Raleigh , for 19.95. It supplements my PC 1 3/16 brad nailer. I used it a few times, and had no problem. Mine came with a case and replacement parts also! Frank
The Old Goat wrote:

I've used one for 10 yrs, it's going strong yet. ( it's a good one .

The 46309 model for $19 (I think it's currently on sale) is the one that FWW took a look at and the one I bought. Recommended - at that price.
I have been using it for more than a year now, have not given me any trouble. I find the 2" not much use, anyway good to have a longer nailer than a shorter ones.
After using it for sometime I think a 15 or 16 gauge brad nailer is more useful than a 18 gauge. That's my opinion.