Bracket Hardware from Lee Valley

Page 1 of 4
This bracket hardware looks really good, but it's damned expensive.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?ps945

Festool is expensive too. ;!)
It is good looking hardware though!
Leon wrote:

I think most of us have had enough Fes-Spam. I'm sure they have a web site. I think they even have a forum. It's sort of like if I visit yahoo.com, they bombard me with a big top ad. This post struck me just like that.

It was an inside joke, Not a Festool promotion.
On 1/31/2016 9:55 AM, Leon wrote:

Some of us noticed and got a chuckle from it.

Those "some of us" have also known for sometime that B*** doesn't have the faculty to get a chuckle from that type of comment. :)
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

If you don't already feel like something of an advertising "victim", then I guess you can't relate. No doubt our individual tolerance levels are different. New in the recent (local?) news is that, this year, the "Indianapolis 500" will be the "Indianapolis 500, sponsored by Pennzoil". Chuckle over that.
B***
On 1/31/2016 8:37 PM, Bill wrote:

Having an off day Bill?
Anyway, the biggest complaint about Festool is the price.
So the post started with, bracket hardware looks really good, but it's damned expensive.
Dave, the OP, owns quite a few Festool products. ;~)
And FWIW I will continue to make comments about Festool products when I feel like doing so. I know that others appreciate the information whether you do or not.
Now get out in your shop/garage and build something and we need pictures! ;~)

Actually, during my extended absence, my closest friends were looking after my apartment and my cat. I kind of expected to come back to my place and find some of those Festool products missing. None were, but I'd swear there was a little extra saw dust on some of them. :)

:-). Was your cat glad to see you?

Yup. She ws all over me for an hour and then was gone with a 'sniff'. Twice though, my friends brought her over to see me. That was nice.

Good to hear you still belong to her. ;~)

I guess not. Your choice, though.

Would you rather it be the "Pennzoil 500 from Indianapolis" or perhaps the "Donald Trump 500"? ;-)
krw wrote:

Evidently, not everyone regards his mind as his own. For 100 years, the "Indianapolis 500" was good enough. The accumulation of "marketing-bombardment" adds up. One can fairly ask, "Which drop of water caused the glass to overfill?". All I can say is that I am running fairly "close to full" these days. Funny this phenomenon seems to peak about every 4 years, in harmony with the political process... YMMV
Bill

Bill, it's your choice to be offended. Really! I can't be bothered by advertising. There are so many other things to devote my waking time to (and so little of it). OK, the number of ads on TV does get to me but they make this wonderful gizmo called the fast-forward button. ;-)
krw wrote:

I guess that rules out professional sports...

Really? Why? I don't choose to be offended by professional sports. They can do whatever they want and pay whatever they want (it's not my money). I ignore what I don't like and if it gets so overwhelming that it's no longer worth the whole package, I don't watch. Professional basketball got to that point decades back (and it has nothing to do with ads).

krw wrote:

Why are you so preoccupied with money? I would not have let the Superbowl happen last year. It would be nice if the NFL had ideals like the PGA. You make a mistake on your scorecard and you lose <period>. It would have set a nice example for the kids.

Why are you so preoccupied with advertising? You brought money up, several times, in fact. Advertising == money. Festool == money.

What *are* you going on about now? Deflate-gate? What a non-story!

Having been to the Speedway in Speedway and through out all public areas of the track there have been marketing partners through out the 100 years.
Or you can ascribe that evil to Nascar the 800lbs gorilla.