Bracket Hardware from Lee Valley

This bracket hardware looks really good, but it's damned expensive.

none

Festool is expensive too. ;!)

It is good looking hardware though!

Reply to
Leon

Not cheap but cheaper

Lee Valley may not be able to buy it right with the Canadian dollar right now.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I think most of us have had enough Fes-Spam. I'm sure they have a web site. I think they even have a forum. It's sort of like if I visit yahoo.com, they bombard me with a big top ad. This post struck me just like that.

Reply to
Bill

not sure if i have ever bought any hardware from them but usually it is good stuff

i like their bench dogs

not to be confused with shop dogs nice chisels and the planes look really nice

Reply to
Electric Comet

It was an inside joke, Not a Festool promotion.

Reply to
Leon

Some of us noticed and got a chuckle from it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Those "some of us" have also known for sometime that B*** doesn't have the faculty to get a chuckle from that type of comment. :)

Reply to
none

If you don't already feel like something of an advertising "victim", then I guess you can't relate. No doubt our individual tolerance levels are different. New in the recent (local?) news is that, this year, the "Indianapolis 500" will be the "Indianapolis 500, sponsored by Pennzoil". Chuckle over that.

B***

Reply to
Bill

Having an off day Bill?

Anyway, the biggest complaint about Festool is the price.

So the post started with, bracket hardware looks really good, but it's damned expensive.

Dave, the OP, owns quite a few Festool products. ;~)

And FWIW I will continue to make comments about Festool products when I feel like doing so. I know that others appreciate the information whether you do or not.

Now get out in your shop/garage and build something and we need pictures! ;~)

Reply to
Leon

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 22:25:32 -0600, Leon

Actually, during my extended absence, my closest friends were looking after my apartment and my cat. I kind of expected to come back to my place and find some of those Festool products missing. None were, but I'd swear there was a little extra saw dust on some of them. :)

Reply to
none

:-). Was your cat glad to see you?

Reply to
Leon

I guess not. Your choice, though.

Would you rather it be the "Pennzoil 500 from Indianapolis" or perhaps the "Donald Trump 500"? ;-)

Reply to
krw

Yup. She ws all over me for an hour and then was gone with a 'sniff'. Twice though, my friends brought her over to see me. That was nice.

Reply to
none

Good to hear you still belong to her. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Evidently, not everyone regards his mind as his own. For 100 years, the "Indianapolis 500" was good enough. The accumulation of "marketing-bombardment" adds up. One can fairly ask, "Which drop of water caused the glass to overfill?". All I can say is that I am running fairly "close to full" these days. Funny this phenomenon seems to peak about every 4 years, in harmony with the political process... YMMV

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Just like our air and water quality, our animals and the earth. After we take everything we can and sell it to the highest bidder, enjoy.... Go to Flint, MI and get a drink of water...

Reply to
Bill

Bill, it's your choice to be offended. Really! I can't be bothered by advertising. There are so many other things to devote my waking time to (and so little of it). OK, the number of ads on TV does get to me but they make this wonderful gizmo called the fast-forward button. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Are you seriously comparing potentially toxic water to a little advertising? Really? Are you alright, Bill?

Reply to
krw

Having been to the Speedway in Speedway and through out all public areas of the track there have been marketing partners through out the

100 years.

Or you can ascribe that evil to Nascar the 800lbs gorilla.

Reply to
Markem