box making

please excuse this post if it is not appropriate.
my daughter has a school project to make a box from wood. Part of her research has to be asking for advice from experienced makers or professionals.
Is there anyone out there who would be kind enough to offer advice, guidance on all aspects, of making a basic table top container for jewelry or school girl keepsakes.
her workshop time is limited, perhaps to 20 hours, the school work shop is basic, fret saws, coping saws, tenon saws, badly set up smoothing planes, disc sanders.
tia
alan
alan wrote:

You might want to have a look at Doug Stowe's web site (especially the "Wisdom of the Hands" part) at:
http://www.dougstowe.com/index.htm
Doug has authored several books on box making and works with children. He will most likely answer any questions your daughter might have.
Doug can be reached at: mailto: snipped-for-privacy@arkansas.net
P.S. - Does anyone know where Doug has been lately?
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Probably the niftiest "thinker" I've seen in a while was the "Minimum Waste Box Layout from Any Size Board" design someone here posted on the binaries. With a little bit of lecture, it's a great project for our beginners.
I've got the GIF if you'd like.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:02:07 GMT, "George"

please go ahead and post that one, i'd like to see that one myself
Traves
Well, last half dozen attempts at abpw have gone nowhere beyond my server, but up it goes.
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

If plywood is available, use the factory edges and corners. They are as square as anything you will be needing, and will save you a bunch of work.