Box Makers - This ya Gotta see

This one ya gotta see. Probably just about everyone here at one time or another has received a free AOL CD in the mail or stuffed in a magazine. They usually came in a plastic or paper CD holder.

Well folks.....AOL has outdone themselves this time and in the mail today was a spanking new version 9.0 AOL CD packaged in...(drum roll please...)

An MDF box ! Can you believe it? Beveled edges all around with the box made from 1/8" thick MDF, (5" x 5" x 3/8"). Don't much care for the paper hinge but I guess expecting a brass hinge would be a bit over the top huh?.....

Considering they usually send millions of these things out...who in the wRECk got the contract for making all those boxes?

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Yup I got one in the mail 4 weeks ago. Well made. I tossed the AOL CD and kept the container.

Reply to
Leon

I got one too, and was trying to decide what to use the magnetic catch in the flap for! -dave

Reply to
Dave jackson

I guess we know why they're going under. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax