Box Makers - This ya Gotta see

This one ya gotta see. Probably just about everyone here at one time or another has received a free AOL CD in the mail or stuffed in a magazine. They usually came in a plastic or paper CD holder.
Well folks.....AOL has outdone themselves this time and in the mail today was a spanking new version 9.0 AOL CD packaged in...(drum roll please...)
An MDF box ! Can you believe it? Beveled edges all around with the box made from 1/8" thick MDF, (5" x 5" x 3/8"). Don't much care for the paper hinge but I guess expecting a brass hinge would be a bit over the top huh?.....
Considering they usually send millions of these things out...who in the wRECk got the contract for making all those boxes?
Bob S.

Yup I got one in the mail 4 weeks ago. Well made. I tossed the AOL CD and kept the container.
I got one too, and was trying to decide what to use the magnetic catch in the flap for! -dave

BobS wrote:

I guess we know why they're going under. Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work