Box joint table saw jig

Page 3 of 3
"Phisherman" wrote:

Don't want to pee on somebody's parade, but looks to me like a lot of complexity for what is basically a very straight forward task.
I give you Fred Bingham's book for reference.
Lew

But it is pretty cool, I'll not be getting rid of my Leigh Jig Box Joint template any time soon.
"Leon" wrote:

Even that is overkill<grin>, and yes it is "cool" if you like complexity..
I'm trying to remember the comic strip that featured the guy who would take the simplest task and build the most complex machine to solve the problem.
Was that Rube Goldberg by any chance?
Lew

My life's a comic strip like that, except I rarely solve the problems. And not by any chance. I do it deliberately. (smiley face) Tom
Lew,
That would be the man...
http://www.rubegoldberg.com /
Joe aka 10x
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 03:39:52 GMT, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

Which one? _Practical Yacht Joinery_, which I bought, knowing full well that I'd be rich someday soon, or _Boat Joinery and Cabinet Making Simplified_?
Agreed, a stackable type of box joint jig is easily possible, it could only do one side at a time, unlike this one. Mathias' jig ROCKS!
------ We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there.
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Take your choice, it's in both.
Lew
Phisherman wrote:

Cute. Easy to make too except (for me) the gears. To that end and in case I actually make one someday here's a link to a gear template generator...click on same at bottom right, the generator will load. Unfortunately, you can't save the actual template page or even a working link to it. http://woodgears.ca /
--

dadiOH