Box joint table saw jig

The gear mechanism is amazing on this shop-made tablesaw jig. Check out this video:

Phisherman

You SketchUp users will want to grab his SU model of the jig ... an absolute superb example of creating detailed woodworking _plans_ using SketchUp.

Check it out ... you will be glad you did.

Reply to
Swingman

Where are the plans? I went to his website but don't seem to be able to find them.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Duhh, read the paragraph. Found the link.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

complexity for what is basically a very straight forward task.

I give you Fred Bingham's book for reference.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Here is what you need to build, scroll down to the second project on this page

Leon

Follow the link and go to the bottom of the pages. You find'm.

Reply to
Leon

Careful there Swingman some here will not be able to figure out how to use Sketchup. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

But it is pretty cool, I'll not be getting rid of my Leigh Jig Box Joint template any time soon.

Reply to
Leon

Even that is overkill, and yes it is "cool" if you like complexity..

I'm trying to remember the comic strip that featured the guy who would take the simplest task and build the most complex machine to solve the problem.

Was that Rube Goldberg by any chance?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

My life's a comic strip like that, except I rarely solve the problems. And not by any chance. I do it deliberately. (smiley face) Tom

Reply to
tom

Lew,

That would be the man...

10x

Reply to
10x

LOL ...but my BB doesn't have a keyboard.

Guy is amazing with his jig making, logical and methodical, two qualities dear to my own heart.

The table saw "gear cutting" jig is also worth a look ... always wanted an "Alice in Wonderland" pocket watch ... maybe cocabolo?

Reply to
Swingman

Their problem ... this guy nicely illustrate that more than a few intelligent, resourceful woodworkers have snapped to using SketchUp on their own hook. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Hmmm....

Strange that Google, a heavy linux based company, would only make Windows and Mac versions of this sketchup software. Any linux recommendations?

nb

Reply to
notbob

They bought the company. That is why it is the way that it is. They may not think that the investment in making it linux compatible may be worth it.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

True dat. Thanks for the reply.

nb

Reply to
notbob

I actually make one someday here's a link to a gear template generator...click on same at bottom right, the generator will load. Unfortunately, you can't save the actual template page or even a working link to it.

dadiOH

======

MikeWhy

As though I/we needed taunting... ;) Give credit where credit is due. The man's an obvious genius, and his workmanship is topnotch. I was about to remark on replacing the gear drive with a DC servo motor, ground ballscrew, and linear slides, but I see he already did one with a stepper. It wouldn't take much to put a microcontroller on it to drive it without a PC. I have an old AVR Butterfly sitting around unused...

Reply to
MikeWhy