Box joint table saw jig

Page 1 of 3
The gear mechanism is amazing on this shop-made tablesaw jig. Check out this video:
http://tinyurl.com/dxdwlu
Phisherman wrote:

... thanks for the heads-up!
You SketchUp users will want to grab his SU model of the jig ... an absolute superb example of creating detailed woodworking _plans_ using SketchUp.
Check it out ... you will be glad you did.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Where are the plans? I went to his website but don't seem to be able to find them.
Follow the link and go to the bottom of the pages. You find'm.
Where are the plans? I went to his website but don't seem to be able to find them.
=====http://woodgears.ca/box_joint/jig_plans/index.html
Duhh, read the paragraph. Found the link.

Here is what you need to build, scroll down to the second project on this page
http://www.sentex.ca/~mwandel/built/wooden_machines.html
Leon wrote:

LOL ...but my BB doesn't have a keyboard.
Guy is amazing with his jig making, logical and methodical, two qualities dear to my own heart.
The table saw "gear cutting" jig is also worth a look ... always wanted an "Alice in Wonderland" pocket watch ... maybe cocabolo?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Careful there Swingman some here will not be able to figure out how to use Sketchup. ;~)
Leon wrote:

Their problem ... this guy nicely illustrate that more than a few intelligent, resourceful woodworkers have snapped to using SketchUp on their own hook. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Hmmm....
Strange that Google, a heavy linux based company, would only make Windows and Mac versions of this sketchup software. Any linux recommendations?
nb

They bought the company. That is why it is the way that it is. They may not think that the investment in making it linux compatible may be worth it.

True dat. Thanks for the reply.
nb

Good Point~
Swingman wrote:

And for us unintelligent, non-resourceful folks, who have unreasonable difficulties drawing precise involute gear teeth with SU, there are (free) tools like
http://www.forestmoon.com/Software/GearDXF /
that produce DXF files of gears for use with DummyCAD (and other software).
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

You'd need a .dxf import function that is pretty robust to take advantage of that, eh? :-^
Robatoy wrote:

Who'd ever want to work with an import function that /wasn't/ robust?
(Says the guy who went "Phew!" when he successfully imported his first gear dxf into his ancient DesignCAD Pro 2000)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Robatoy wrote:

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:28:34 -0500, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

Slightly OT, but do any of you who play with gears have a suggestion for a package I could use to model simple-to-middling gearboxes, both CAD style drawings and also actual modelling where I could adjust the speed of an input shaft (or two) and see what happens?
Morris Dovey wrote:

>> You SketchUp users will want to grab his SU model of the jig ... an >> absolute superb example of creating detailed woodworking _plans_ >>using SketchUp. >> >> Check it out ... you will be glad you did.

>>Guy is amazing with his jig making, logical and methodical, two >>qualities dear to my own heart.
>>The table saw "gear cutting" jig is also worth a look ... always >>wanted an "Alice in Wonderland" pocket watch ... maybe cocabolo?
>>Did you see what he did at?:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Matthiaswandel

Now, exactly what, from ALL my posts in that thread shown above, brought on this shit about "precise involute gear teeth with SU"??
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08