Bowsaw's

For those of you who use a bow saw, where do you get your blades? Found a set of plans for one (Joat may have posted them) and before I got to far along wanted to make sure that I could get blades or build it to fit existing blades. Was thinking that a fine bandsaw blades cut to the right length and holes punched in the ends would work in a pince. Thanks for any info...

mike

Reply to
Michael

Hey Mike,

Here is one possible source:

Kenneth

bought the 600 mm ECE bowsaw from this site and I'm very impressed with it. I bought the Japanese style blades (the rip blade and crosscut blades, NOT the "Universal" blade). Very high quality, if a bit pricey, but the cuts are worth every penny, IMHO. I also got replacement European stock blades but after using the Japanese blades I haven't even tried them out.

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

I use a bowsaw purchased from Highland Hardware with replacement blade to match (also purchased from Highland Hardware).

(Danish Bowsaw)

I know a fella that made his own and he uses old bandsaw blades, cut to length, holes drilled in the ends, and sharpened by hand. Sounds like too much work for me. He doesn't have a web site so I can't post a link.

Reply to
Howard Ruttan

thanks guys! pretty much the info that I wanted. the british bowsaw on the highland page matches the one that I am making nearly perfectly.

mike

(also purchased from Highland Hardware).

Reply to
Michael

Somewhere in the basement I have a few coils of bow-saw blade stock I purchased off of Pete Taran many years ago and never used. If/when I can find them I'll hook you up.

Reply to
MPD Blue

that would be way to cool.

Reply to