bow saw question

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:58:54 -0000, GJP brought forth from the murky depths:

My good friend Rob Weaver sent some sections of good old bandsaw blade to me for that purpose. Narrow/fine and thick/coarse, each for its own use (crosscut/rip).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Life is full of little surprises. * Comprehensive Website Development --Pandora *

Larry Jaques

Andy Dingley wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thank for the reply, hadn't thought about approaching the problem from that angle. Much appreciated.

GJP

Reply to
GJP

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Much appreciated.

GJP

Reply to
GJP

Woodcraft, Garret Wade, Highland Hardware off the top of my head.

I think Woodjoy Tools had a 12 inch bowsaw. IIRC it costs more than a larger one... ???

Reply to
p_j

p snipped-for-privacy@postzzzmark.net (p_j) wrote in news:1gcg01z.10bjdtm1rmwuk9N%p snipped-for-privacy@postzzzmark.net:

Checked with most of them, none seem to carry the size I need anymore, Highland used to but now only carry the larger frame saw. Checked the web site of Woodjoy, they talk about a 400mm, 500 mm and 600 mm saws, so it all depends on how they measure the saw...maybe the 400 mm will do as it's 15 3/4", so I'll contact them, if not guess it's make my own from bandsaw blades as has been sugggested in a few replies. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

GJP

Reply to
GJP