bow saw question

Page 2 of 2

Thank for the reply, hadn't thought about approaching the problem from that angle. Much appreciated.
GJP
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:58:54 -0000, GJP <GJP> brought forth from the murky depths:

My good friend Rob Weaver sent some sections of good old bandsaw blade to me for that purpose. Narrow/fine and thick/coarse, each for its own use (crosscut/rip).
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Life is full of little surprises. * Comprehensive Website Development --Pandora * http://www.diversify.com

Thanks, more useful info, another avenue I could persue.
Much appreciated.
GJP
GJP <GJP> wrote:

Woodcraft, Garret Wade, Highland Hardware off the top of my head.

I think Woodjoy Tools had a 12 inch bowsaw. IIRC it costs more than a larger one... ???
p snipped-for-privacy@postzzzmark.net (p_j) wrote in

Checked with most of them, none seem to carry the size I need anymore, Highland used to but now only carry the larger frame saw. Checked the web site of Woodjoy, they talk about a 400mm, 500 mm and 600 mm saws, so it all depends on how they measure the saw...maybe the 400 mm will do as it's 15 3/4", so I'll contact them, if not guess it's make my own from bandsaw blades as has been sugggested in a few replies. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
GJP