Bounceback w/HVLP??

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 11:26:23 GMT, B A R R Y wrote:

Yes, I know. <hangs head in shame>
I never even considered leaving the back off this piece, though. At the time I built it, SWMBO was going to brush & roll on the finish. I bought the sprayer when she came up from her first pass very frustrated with the results.
I actually did play a bit with the sprayer prior to attacking this piece, on a scrap of plywood. But that was with a different material (oil based Killz) and I wasn't very critical of the results. I think my confidence was falsely raised by that one session.

But this requires patience! 8-)

I don't have the room in my shop for that kind of reminder!

Good advice.

I will! This is very much a background task, though, so it might be a few weeks before I have much to report.
Thanks for your help.
--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net

As Bob mentioned, he said that he felt sprayback in your case was typical when not spraying before the backs of the shelving were installed. You can easily test out that suggestion by spraying some wood in the open air and not partially enclosed like a shelving unit and seeing if there still is sprayback.
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 02:05:32 -0400, Upscale wrote:

Agreed, an easy experiment.
Thanks.
I've gotten plenty of input on this, and I'm anxious to experiment now. All I need is the time ....
--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net

I think a 28% mix would be 5x of thinner to 13x of material for 18x of thinned material.
roughly 9 oz of thinner and 23oz of material per Qt.
he paint control until

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 08:09:28 -0700, Hoosierpopi wrote:

Makes sense. This is exactly how breathing gas mixes are denoted in scuba. One refers to the fraction of one gas relative to the entire mixture.
Therefore, a 10% thinned mix would be 1x of thinner to 9x of material, and the mix I created - 4x thinner to 14x material - would be called a 22% mix.
--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net