Bought Some New Toys

I got a loan from the credit union to buy a primo digital SLR camera and found out as I got ready to order that it (the camera deal) might be a scam. The alternate sources for this particular camera were about 80% more, so now even with the loan I didn't want to spend that much. The money was burning a hole in my pocket. No more.
Instead of camera equipment, I visited the local Woodcraft store. Naturally, they were delighted to separate me from all that cash. Yesterday, I bought a Delton tenoning jig and the higher priced Delta mortising machine along with a nice set of Forstner bits. Today, I went back and bought a Master Lift mechanism for my router table and a new PC 7518 router to go in it. I also picked up a 20 piece set of Woodcraft 1/2" router bits to go with it.
I spent the rest of the morning setting things up.
Too bad I spent all my money... can't afford wood any more. But it sure looks pretty. Life is good.
Oh yeah... I almost forgot. I ordered one of those Mosquito Magnet thingies to take back my back yard from the squadrons of bloodthirsty night wings that lurk out there in the summer. Not this year. Like I said, life is good.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com

found
The
even
hole in

Naturally,
bought a

with a

also
looks
thingies to

lurk
Hey, maybe you could post some pics of all that neat stuff. Oh. Sorry. Nevermind. ;-)
Just curious about what Digital SLR you were looking at? Next time try these guys. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home
B&H is to Photography as Lee Valley is to Woodworking.
Rich

RKON wrote:

Nikon D100. I found one on the Internet new for $1099 that included a 28-100 Nikkor AF lense, and a one gig memory card, among other things. When I clicked to order it, I got this message that said that they didn't accept credit cards... wanted me to wire the money to Sweden. I think not.
As for your suggested link, the money is gone now. Bought tools instead.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Wire money to Sweden??? Yeesh.
I picked up the New Canon Digital Rebel when it came out in October. It is a great camera. I had the Elan 7E with several lenses and I can now interchange them. Enjoy your new toy.. I mean tools.
Rich

RKON wrote:

I wanted the Nikon because I have several lenses for my 35mm Nikon SLR. I just couldn't see starting over with another brand.
Anyway, the next time I watch Norm and he starts talking about his [insert tool name] I can shout back at the TV that he isn't the only one who has one. You gotta love it.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
RKON wrote:

There's a digital Rebel now? I should look into that. I have a bunch of EOS lenses, but I don't shoot much film these days because, well, it's just so expensive. I often have to bracket everything seven ways from Sunday, and I can eat up a box of film in no time to produce two good prints.
Photography definitely isn't a hobby for poor people. I think it's much more expensive than wood wrecking in the long run. More's the pity to those afflicted with *both*.

just
It has only been out a couple of months. It is $900 for just the body. I found that I blowing wads on film. I had everal lenses and flashes from my Elan7E that now fit the Digital Rebel. With a 512 mb CF I can take approximately 150 - 6mb pic's It is really nice. I can now take all the pictures I want of the kids soccer games and not have worry about proof sheets and reloading film.
I will be posting a chronological storyboard of my work shop being built with the pictures from this camera.

After the camera investment and CF the only thing I needed was some software to manage the hundreds of pics. There is no film processing from here on. I expect to break even by the end of 2004. I was developing alot of pic's.
Rich

Now THAT'S entertainment! A six pack of Shiner Bock and a bug zapper. It don't get no better than that.
Dick Durbin Tallahassee