Bought a finish gun

Last night, I went to Lowes and picked up a Senco Finishpro35 gun that also came with an 18gauge stapler SLS15 for $160.00. I think I got a good price for both (did I??).

Beginner question... the stapler can drive 1in staples. What do you guys use the stapler for ??

Thank you.

Reply to
jack

Installing 1/4" plywood underlayment over 3/4" subfloor. Assembling rabbetted 1/2" birch ply drawer boxes. Putting backs on casework. Making up quick jigs. Repairing my work sneakers. Some small mouldings where pullout is a concern (screen beads).

Reply to
Eric Ryder

They'll keep a cat in one place...

--

-Jim ©¿©¬

Reply to
jtpr

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

How do you then skin it?

Reply to
Eric Ryder

Power Hand Planer....

--

-Jim ©¿©¬

Reply to
jtpr

I bought the same combo last year. Another reply gave some common uses for the stapler, so i'm just going to put in my 2cents and say you made a good choice. I do quite a bit of finish carpentery and the gun (well, both guns) have performed very well. The only thing i've noticed is that sometimes (using generic nails) the gun will fire two nails when it reaches the end of one clip and starts another. I think when another clip is added the lead head ends up underneath the head on the last nail of the other clip and it fires two. Anyhow, as a precaution, you may want to watch this if you are putting a nail in a place where it could cause grief. I usually wait until it completely runs out of nails to reload, or just remove the last few and put in a new clip. dave

Reply to
<daveandfritzi

Reply to
actpilot