Bought a finish gun

Last night, I went to Lowes and picked up a Senco Finishpro35 gun that also came with an 18gauge stapler SLS15 for $160.00. I think I got a good price for both (did I??).
Beginner question... the stapler can drive 1in staples. What do you guys use the stapler for ??
Thank you.

Installing 1/4" plywood underlayment over 3/4" subfloor. Assembling rabbetted 1/2" birch ply drawer boxes. Putting backs on casework. Making up quick jigs. Repairing my work sneakers. Some small mouldings where pullout is a concern (screen beads).
They'll keep a cat in one place...
-- -Jim
If you want to reply by email its --> ryan at jimryan dot com Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam

guys
: They'll keep a cat in one place... : : -- : -Jim : : Be sure to use stainless steel or run the risk of infection.
-Brian
How do you then skin it?

Power Hand Planer....
-- -Jim
If you want to reply by email its --> ryan at jimryan dot com Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam

that
where
I bought the same combo last year. Another reply gave some common uses for the stapler, so i'm just going to put in my 2cents and say you made a good choice. I do quite a bit of finish carpentery and the gun (well, both guns) have performed very well. The only thing i've noticed is that sometimes (using generic nails) the gun will fire two nails when it reaches the end of one clip and starts another. I think when another clip is added the lead head ends up underneath the head on the last nail of the other clip and it fires two. Anyhow, as a precaution, you may want to watch this if you are putting a nail in a place where it could cause grief. I usually wait until it completely runs out of nails to reload, or just remove the last few and put in a new clip. dave

I have the same combo but I paid almost $40 more than you did and thought I was getting a good price. The stapler for me was just an added bonus as I got the gun with a lot of trim work in mind. But I ended up using the stapler before I used the nailer when I had to install some 3/8 inch plywood sheets for a new ceiling on my patio roof. I used the 1" staples and they worked great. They will not pull through thin wood like brads would. I have since found the need to pull out the staple gun on several other occasions so I'm glad I have it.

hi I use it for upholstery
Len