Bostich coil framing nailer

Should these nailer be able to drive 3 1/2" nail and coutersink the heads. Mine would not successfully sink them every time so I rebuilt it, all new seals, bumpers. It still will not sink them fully and if trigger fired it occasionally double shoots. I have tried pressures up to 120 psi with 3/8" hose and fittings. It works better if I put all my weight on it and trigger fire it than if I hold down the trigger and bang the gun on the work.

Reply to
habbi

What material are you nailing into? Damp pine? Kiln dried oak?

Reply to
AL

Should it? Any reason that framing should be countersunk? Bostitch was a customer of mine when they were developing the roofing nailer. One of the criteria was that the nail head NOT be countersunk, but stopped with some precision. I don't know about the framing nailers and where the head should stop exactly. Why not call Bostitch and find out exactly where the nail should seat and if you are in the right settings. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

There is a small adjustment on the shaft that drives the nail. It normally leaves the head of the nail not quite flush (sticking out about

1/2 the thickness of the head). If you make the adjustment - it will drive the nail flush. You have to at 100 PSI keep your weight on the nailer until the stroke is finished to get a consistant result. Most people flinch a little when the trigger is pulled - since there is a noice and a sharp movement. You have to practice not flinching. Remember that when you are running higher air pressure to use your lubricant regularly - I add a drop every coil when I am running 3 or 3 1/2" nails.

Doug

Reply to
doug houseman

You should run it at 120#. Yes, it should bury the head in KD framing material.

Reply to
Eric Ryder