Bostich coil framing nailer

Should these nailer be able to drive 3 1/2" nail and coutersink the heads. Mine would not successfully sink them every time so I rebuilt it, all new seals, bumpers. It still will not sink them fully and if trigger fired it occasionally double shoots. I have tried pressures up to 120 psi with 3/8" hose and fittings. It works better if I put all my weight on it and trigger fire it than if I hold down the trigger and bang the gun on the work.
What material are you nailing into? Damp pine? Kiln dried oak?

There is a small adjustment on the shaft that drives the nail. It normally leaves the head of the nail not quite flush (sticking out about 1/2 the thickness of the head). If you make the adjustment - it will drive the nail flush. You have to at 100 PSI keep your weight on the nailer until the stroke is finished to get a consistant result. Most people flinch a little when the trigger is pulled - since there is a noice and a sharp movement. You have to practice not flinching. Remember that when you are running higher air pressure to use your lubricant regularly - I add a drop every coil when I am running 3 or 3 1/2" nails.
Doug

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome .

You should run it at 120#. Yes, it should bury the head in KD framing material.