Bosch Trim Routers

I purchased a Bosch Trim Router PR20EVSK-RT as a reconditioned unit. It is either a lemon or Bosch has missed the mark in the design and manufacturing of this tool. The circuit board has failed twice and the off/on switch had to be replaced. I have not been able to use the router for more than 30 minutes total time. It just failed again, and I suspect it is the circuit board that has blown out. Initially, I thought my cuts were too deep so I decreased the cut to 1/32nd of an inch. I use it primarily to cut shallow mortises for hinges. It is now out of warranty so I will have to pay for the repair but I think I will buy a Porter Cable and see if it fails. No one at Bosch will assist me in trying to determine if I own a lemon. I call my Bosch trim rounter, the twink router.

Anyone have similar problems or thoughts on what I might do to remedy my situation and quite possibly avoid buying another trim router.

Hugh Madden Grand Rapids, Michigan

Reply to
HM