Bosch ROS shop-vac adapter

I have Bosch 3.3 A dustless ROS. In general it has a bag for collecting dust. I tried to connect it to shop-vac instead. I removed the bag. Unfortunately the dust opening is odd oval shape so it is not feasible ho to connect 2 1/4 shop-vac hose to it. It also has rubber adapter but it is also not suitable for hose connector. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Sasha

I don't know about Bosch, but I found a shop vac hose to fit PC ROS at Highland Hardware. You might check their web site.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

snipped-for-privacy@audible.com (Sasha) wrote in news:ededf034.0405130945.6f0c9c57 @posting.google.com:

You buy a 2-1/2" hose connector that fits the hose and also the (solid) round adapter fitting supplied with the ROS. That's what I did.

Brian

Reply to
Brian in Vancouver, BC

Reply to
Pat Barber

If you have the setup that I think you do, there is an oval shaped adapter that has a small ( I don't recall the size) outlet. To that you attach a small hose that has an adapter at the other end to fit the inlet for your shop-vac

. I could not find the oval shaped adapter on their site. This setup was not the easiest to get. I finally got it at a wood show. Perhaps it may be easily available on Amazon or another website. I only tried the local dealers.

Now that I have it I like this setup. It controls dust very well and the small hose is light, flexible and maneuverable.

SteveP.

Reply to
Steven P