bosch miter saw

10? Slide Compound Miter Saw Model 3915

seen it at my local rona store for $350 cdn

any good ?? or bad ?? opinion

i especialy like the wedge-and-slot miter detent system & Electric brake

plan on cutting plenty of molding & ogee in the near future

Reply to
dr-whoopie

I've got it. Not bad. Use it a lot. Made the bathroom renovation a lot less of a pain. It was the only saw I used to build the new railing for the back deck out of standard red cedar.

Not precision but pretty close. I like the double rail sliders. The dust is just not collectible, no matter what you do. Most miter saws are like that. You can get some or even most, but definitely not all.

Most miter saws these days also have automatic brakes.

That model's discontinued. No biggie for me. Parts are still available and it's a standard blade.

It has its drawbacks - the handle is awkward to use, for instance - but it's way cheaper than the other sliders out there, it'll cut a 4x4 and a 2x10, with a good blade it makes a nice clean cut, and it has become the most used power tool in the shop. It saves a lot of time. I built a cabinet for it with folddown wings.

When the wife looks at a power tool a few years after you bought it and remarks about how handy it is to have around, I figure I've been validated. :-)

Course, now I see the 4410 is only 399 us. Your price for the 3915 is what, about 302 us? That's starting to get closer to a better deal. The handle's better on that model.

Reply to
else24

Mine is the single most utilized tool in my shop. I love and and would buy another.

Reply to
Olebiker

Considering it is listed on Amazon for $390US I would say it's a darn good price. If nothing else you might want to read the reviews - they have lots to say ...

Reply to
DIYGUY