Bosch miter finder, outside corners vs inside corners

I bought a used Bosch miter finder, on the recommendation of a friend. He says it's the bee's knees for figuring angles, bevels and miters on crown moulding. I found some rudimentary instructions and it seems easy enough to follow. First one measures the angle (spring) of the moulding, then measure the angle of the corner, then press the gizmo again for bevel and then again for miter... Now my question... I'm assuming these numbers are for inside corners. Is there a difference for outside corners? Pardon me if I sound like duhhhh.. I've tried googling for Bosch Miter Finder manual and came up pretty empty. Any help appreciated. Thanks. Perry

Reply to
Perry Templeton

Assume some more and take it to your saw. The same numbers will work. If you ever ran crown moulding before, you can probably figure this out. You just transfer the angle to the other side of your blade to go from inside miters to outside miters.

I use a Starrett ProSite Protractor. It works the same way in analog :-)

Tom in KY, Youre just tired or excited or something. It will all be clear in the morning.

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy