bosch jigsaws

I recently bought a bosch 1584 Jigsaw kit and got a good deal on it. I noticed on their website they do not offer it anymore and it looks like the 1591 has replaced it. Is there anything I should be worried about, does the new model have any advantages over the old one? Thanks

You have a good saw. The newer saw simply adds conveniences that your model does not have. Specifically, the blade change mechanism. On the newer model you no longer have to go through a more complicated procedure to change blades. On the new one, blade removal takes about 1 second and putting in a blade takes about 5 or 6 seconds. With the older model you are looking at about 30 seconds for the whole procedudure. IIRC the newer model has a slightly better method of keeping the blade aligned when sawing, and a touch more power. You should be pleased with your new saw providing you use good quality blades. Look at continuing to use Bosch blades. Also don't look at the new one up close if you think you will tire of going through the blade change routine on your current saw.
"mark" wrote in message

Relax and enjoy it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
mark wrote:

Check the switch and then the brushes.

Every year at Christmas, owners of the 1591 get a nice gift from Bosch. Last year is was a bottle of wine and a wheel of good cheese. Owners of the 1584 don't even get a card.

You DOG.

Excellent wine this year!
Looking forward to this Christmas...

And the cheese was Exceptional!!
Yeah, the Germans are known for their cheese.