Bosch deal at Lowes

Stumbled across this today...
Buy a Bosch PS40 (subcompact impact driver) kit, get a free PS20 (matching subcompact drill/driver) by mail.
Or you can buy a PS20 kit and get another PS 20 (driver only)
I've had my eye on this pair for a while; they've gotten great reviews because of their l-ion power, light weight, and compact size. The kit comes with 30 min charger and two batteries, I assume the free tool doesn't come with battery, but it doesn't really say.
This is at lowes in NE Ohio, don't know if it's everywhere or not. If you search their rebate center for tools, you can find it. (Doesn't seem to work to search rebate center for Bosch for some reason)
Paul F.
We use these tools almost every day in our business. You will not be sorry. They are great.
cm

Paul,
I have the PS20 and really like it....but...its having some trouble putting 3" deck screws in PT lumber. Maybe I should look at the PS40 as well.
Skip www.ShopFileR.com

Have you read the reviews on Amazon.com? They have it for 1/2 price, don't know about Lowe's. Many good reviews but the bad ones mostly point to lack of power and couple of them said the battery pack don't work when the temperature is cold. Bosch look so cool and I wanted one until I tested it. Anyway I was at the tool show a few of months ago and play around with the Bosch and it didn't have power to drive a 3" screw half way down soft wood. Went to the next booth and play with the Hitachi (higher voltage, bigger with 15 minute charger, forgot which model). What a difference, that Hitachi would sink 3" screws 1/2" below the wood without any effort.
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 07:03:27 -0700, <Frank> wrote:

Thanks for the thoughts folks. I've already got a big Milwaukee cordless drill/driver/hammer drill that will handle the big jobs, just looking for a smaller, lighter driver for routine tasks. For big holes or bunches of deck screws, I'll use the Milwaukee.
As for not working well in the cold...I don't either anymore :-)
Paul F
: Thanks for the thoughts folks. I've already got a big Milwaukee : cordless drill/driver/hammer drill that will handle the big jobs, just : looking for a smaller, lighter driver for routine tasks. For big : holes or bunches of deck screws, I'll use the Milwaukee.
I have a similar pair, and think the Bosch is the bee's knees for smaller work. If I'm drilling a 1/2" hole through broick, out comes the Milwaukee.
    -- Andy Barss

I went to lowes, and they didn't know anything about it. The bosch website has the promotion, however. the free ps20 is without the battery!. 2 questions arise: 1. does the ps40 come with 2 batteries. 2. does the ps20 take a ps40 battery? If the answer is no, it's probably not worth it.
shelly
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 21:27:46 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

The PS40 kit comes with two batteries, 30 min charger, PS40, and soft case. The batteries fit both tools.
So if you buy the PS40 kit and use the promotion you end up with PS40, PS20, 2 batteries, charger, and soft case.
You can also buy the PS20 kit and end up with 2- PS20s, 2 batteries, charger and case.
Paul F.
just got the ps40 from amazon - $152, free shipping. works nicely for such a small tool. gonna get the ps20 using the pdf from on the bosch website. I think I'm gonna like that one too!
shelly
In article <53577971-faee-445b-97bf-9f970d4753e8

There is a lot of that going around. ;-) Just bought a PS40 from Lowes. $152. Had to pick it up myself.

Haven't even opened the box. Everything is still packed and I have no room to work anyway. :-(

How does the rebate work? Do they send the tool or a coupon? I wasn't thinking when I bought it (or I would have waited). We may be moving (I hope) sometime in the next few weeks so won't be here to receive a parcel. I put my UPS Store address on the form, so hopefully they can take care of it in any case.
--
Keith

they had it at mine for 179

go to the bosch website
http://boschtools.com/freepocketdriver/Documents/Free%20PS20%20Rebate%20Form.pdf
the promotion ends july 15th
shelly
In article <0ab867ae-5606-4ab7-80a7-

Lowes had just dropped the price to $152.15.

http://boschtools.com/freepocketdriver/Documents/Free%20PS20%20Rebate%20Form.pdf My rebate was a mail-in to Lowes. I filled out a "form" printed with the receipt and sent it to a "Lowes" address. The receipt said that nothing else was needed other than the information on the receipt.

The Lowes rebate is for purchase between 5/26/08 through 6/29/08 and must be postmarked by 7/29/08. We'll see what happens.
--
Keith

interesting... When I went into lowes about 3 weeks ago and asked about it, they didn't know anything (I read it here, and the salesman told me it sounded too good to be true.
shelly
In article <9a7c7aa1-3319-4771-9f58-1240490c6af5

I first heard about it here too and wasn't really considering the tool. However, the thing kinda grew on me. When I saw the price drop and the Lowes rebate I decided to jump.
Now all I gotta do is figure out where I'm going to be living so I can unpack and play with all my new toys. :-(
--
Keith

I almost forgot... If you do the rebate through lowes, get a return receipt. I've had problems in the past with them over rebates... (they claimed they didn't get the letter, didn't have the right info, etc.)
shelly
In article <20424a44-511c-4442-b0ab-4386a1da88cc@

Too late. :-( I should have thought of that. I've always done it in the past. I had some issues with HP once, though it all worked out after a couple of months.
--
Keith