Bosch colt?

I've got a couple Bosch Colt Routers I use on my cnc mini mill for making molds in aluminum. They are not bad, but I go through brushes like crazy.
If you want a better collet for it try the ones from Precise Bits. They have a nice .250 and a .125 collet and their own closer nut (have to use their nut). They are not cheap though.

I guess not! 70% of the cost of the router.
Well that's interesting feedback. I use primarily Porter Cable palm routers - the tall one and the shorty. I think, perhaps, I'll have to get one of my own for my home shop to give it a try. The tools in my work shop tend not to be well taken care of, and perhaps that may be part of the reason for my bad experience. I really do like the ergonomics of it.
JP

I like the feel of the Colt, but it's time-consuming (for me anyway) to get the depth adjustment correct. The first thing that I did when I bought mine was to order a round sub base from Rockler. It accepts Porter Cable Template Guide Bushings and is easier for me to do certain operations much easier than with a weird square base.
woodstuff