Bosch Circle guide problem

Anyone else try and use the Bosch Deluxe router guide as a circle guide? Mine doesn't appear to work as perhaps intended. The fine adjustment guide bottom rubs against the top of pivot plate. Also the fine adjustment guide itself is lower than the router base plate so the bit isn't perpendicular to the work. Hope I'm making myself clear.
snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca (Bri) wrote in message

Oh, your clear alright. I was setting mine up last night to check it out for a project I was planning to start and found the exact same problem. I sent a question off to Ask Bosch to see what they say. I got this guide as part of the package deal on the 1617EVSPK router kit from Amazon. Now I see why they are giving the guide away for free.
I got through to the Bosch tech support. They were aware of the problem. Told me to use a nail and throw away the suction cuplike thingy. Haven't tried it yet but I don't think that'll take care of the height difference problem. Regards