Bosch bandsaw blades from Lowes

l put a Bosch 1/2" wide, 4 TPI blade from Lowes on the delta I'm fixing up, but looks like the weld is bad. Turn the wheel by hand, tracks nice, then all of a sudden, darts to the back about 3/8", as soon as it does that, if you look, the weld just passed. Can't find the receipt,but Lowes gave me store credit for it. Didn't get another one yet, was afraid to take the chance. Any one used those Bosch bandsaw blades from Lowes, and they were 0k? Do you think this was just a fluke?

Does it look like the blade is mis-aligned at the weld? Otherwise it seems strange it would cause it to jump around. I have had noisy welds - lots of them. But not this problem. But I haven't used Bosch blades. I have most of mine made by a local industrial supply store and they are the same price or cheaper than packaged blades.

I don't know, I didn't look at it too hard, but like I said, when it would dart back, if you stopped turning, you could see it had just passed the weld. It did not do this on the 1/4" blade that came with the saw.
"RonB" wrote in message wrote:

Does it look like the blade is mis-aligned at the weld? Otherwise it seems strange it would cause it to jump around. I have had noisy welds - lots of them. But not this problem. But I haven't used Bosch blades. I have most of mine made by a local industrial supply store and they are the same price or cheaper than packaged blades. ========================================================I don't have a bandsaw but I've bought many blades for work. Local industrial supply makes them to order from bulk Starrett or Doall coils. Premium blades for less than packaged blades. Find a place that supplies machine shops or commercial wood shops. Most good size town have them.
On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 16:02:31 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Take a look at some of the other threads on bandsaw blade recommendations -- there are many. That should give you an idea if anyone has a warm and fuzzy feeling about Bosch blades. I use Timberwolf blades and have no reason to consider any other brand.
Good luck

Timberwolf was one of the brands the industrial dealer in Wichita offered in bulk stock. When I bought my 18" Jet 133" blades were a little difficult to find. The industrial supply house could provide Timberwolf and others cut and welded to length. You just specified the suppler, tooth pattern and length; and waited a few days and you had it. Prices were generally in the $13 - $18 range. It was actually an independent supplier to Whitestar that made the blades. That was 5-7 years ago before we moved.
RonB
On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:00:34 -0500, Gordon Shumway

My Timberwolf blade was welded crooked so it moves back and forth away from the thrust bearing as it runs. I should have sent it back when I first got it, but it isn't too awfully bad. It did sorta sour me on the purported quality of their blades, though.
-- When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire. -- Whoopi Goldberg

Several months ago, we had a thread about this: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_thread/thread/82f1a2d f8ac24ceb
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On Mar 18, 3:54am, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Went with the Olson all Pro. Got a 1/4", 3/8" and a1/2" wide, 6,4,and 3 TPI, regular,skip, hook, in that order. Thanks, Tony
On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 10:13:08 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

It does if you include the entire link -- not just the underlined portion.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_thread/thread/82f1a2df8ac24ceb

The link works just fine: <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_thread/thread/82f1a2df8ac24ceb

Sorry about the link wrap wreck... Showing my work: Go to google and type in (no quotes): "rec.woodworking bosch bandsaw blades"
The first result points to that thread.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.