Bosch bandsaw blades from Lowes

l put a Bosch 1/2" wide, 4 TPI blade from Lowes on the delta I'm fixing up, but looks like the weld is bad. Turn the wheel by hand, tracks nice, then all of a sudden, darts to the back about 3/8", as soon as it does that, if you look, the weld just passed. Can't find the receipt,but Lowes gave me store credit for it. Didn't get another one yet, was afraid to take the chance. Any one used those Bosch bandsaw blades from Lowes, and they were 0k? Do you think this was just a fluke?

Reply to
ant30dio

Does it look like the blade is mis-aligned at the weld? Otherwise it seems strange it would cause it to jump around. I have had noisy welds - lots of them. But not this problem. But I haven't used Bosch blades. I have most of mine made by a local industrial supply store and they are the same price or cheaper than packaged blades.

Reply to
RonB

l put a Bosch 1/2" wide, 4 TPI blade from Lowes on the delta I'm

I don't know, I didn't look at it too hard, but like I said, when it would dart back, if you stopped turning, you could see it had just passed the weld. It did not do this on the 1/4" blade that came with the saw.

Reply to
ant30dio

Take a look at some of the other threads on bandsaw blade recommendations -- there are many. That should give you an idea if anyone has a warm and fuzzy feeling about Bosch blades. I use Timberwolf blades and have no reason to consider any other brand.

Good luck

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Does it look like the blade is mis-aligned at the weld? Otherwise it seems strange it would cause it to jump around. I have had noisy welds - lots of them. But not this problem. But I haven't used Bosch blades. I have most of mine made by a local industrial supply store and they are the same price or cheaper than packaged blades. ========================================================= I don't have a bandsaw but I've bought many blades for work. Local industrial supply makes them to order from bulk Starrett or Doall coils. Premium blades for less than packaged blades. Find a place that supplies machine shops or commercial wood shops. Most good size town have them.

Reply to
CW

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote in news:561e8224-493a-442f- snipped-for-privacy@z31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com:

Several months ago, we had a thread about this:

Puckdropper

Thanks, Link is not working, even copy/pasting word wrap.

Reply to
ant30dio

Went with the Olson all Pro. Got a 1/4", 3/8" and a1/2" wide, 6,4,and 3 TPI, regular,skip, hook, in that order. Thanks, Tony

Reply to
ant30dio

The link works just fine:

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

It does if you include the entire link -- not just the underlined portion.

Gordon Shumway

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w32g2000vbt.googlegroups.com:

Sorry about the link wrap wreck... Showing my work: Go to google and type in (no quotes): "rec.woodworking bosch bandsaw blades"

The first result points to that thread.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Timberwolf was one of the brands the industrial dealer in Wichita offered in bulk stock. When I bought my 18" Jet 133" blades were a little difficult to find. The industrial supply house could provide Timberwolf and others cut and welded to length. You just specified the suppler, tooth pattern and length; and waited a few days and you had it. Prices were generally in the $13 - $18 range. It was actually an independent supplier to Whitestar that made the blades. That was 5-7 years ago before we moved.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

My Timberwolf blade was welded crooked so it moves back and forth away from the thrust bearing as it runs. I should have sent it back when I first got it, but it isn't too awfully bad. It did sorta sour me on the purported quality of their blades, though.

-- When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire. -- Whoopi Goldberg

Reply to
Larry Jaques