Bosch 4000 table saw

I have been reading reviews on table saws and this model (Bosch 4000) comes up all the time?

Whats up with this model? Is it just hyp..?

I'm in the market for a table saw.

Reply to
The Patt's

I have had a Bosch 4000 for a year now (got it last year from Santa). I have been quite happy with it. Yes, you can buy a better saw for more $$'s but for the price it has been all I have needed.

Reply to
Dick Snyder

I have one.

It's great where you need a saw you can move up the basement stairs so you can cut your MDF outside.

You trade that for 24.5" fence, the inability to go through 4x lumber in one pass, and a bit less depth to the table than you'd like.

With dust collection and a reasonable sized work shop I'd want something bigger and belt driven.

Reply to
Drew Eckhardt

I have had a Bosch 4000 for a year now (got it last year from Santa). I have been quite happy with it. Yes, you can buy a better saw for more $$'s but for the price it has been all I have needed.

Reply to
Dick Snyder

This is a contractor saw. If you need a portable saw to take to the job site as well as for shop time, this is a great saw. If you're going to be moving it alot by yourself (as I do mine) I would consider the rolling stand or a lighter saw. If you're looking for strictly a shop saw, keep looking. This is not a substitute for a cabinet saw. But... I love mine for what I do.

Reply to
boulderscott