Bosch 3915 SCMS - Locking Lever Replacement

The detent locking lever on my Bosch 3915 SCMS broke and I have obtained a new one from Bosch. Before attempting to replace it I thought it would be helpful to see if anyone else has undertaken this and has any suggestions. The compression spring is very strong and I don't want to pop something loose that I can't put back together.
Parts illustration can be found at: http://tinyurl.com/qjqd3cp
Thanks for any suggestions.

My first thoughts are to call Bosch and see what they recommend.