bosch 1613 evs router

I have used my bosch 1613 evs plunge router in a table for about 12 years. Today, I noticed that the bit was dropping when I turned on the router. The lock is not holding. Has anyone ever had this problem and has anyone ever taken their router apart?

Take the collet apart and clean it. Check for undue wear. Probably time to replace it.
Max

Thanks Max. My fault. I was not clear on what I wanted to say. The plunge assembly is dropping because the lock is no longer holding. Looking to see if someone else has had the this problem.
bobhester wrote:

I've had that problem off and on. If, after cleaning the posts and springs it is still doing the same thing, try pushing the release lever up tighter after you've set the depth. I've found that my release lever does not return to a locked position on its own.
Just out of curiosity, on an unrelated note, how well centered is the bit in your router relative to the base? That's where I have a real problem with mine -- it is far enough off center that it creates a problem for using dovetail templates and I have to be careful that the bushings I use have enough clearance the bit doesn't eat the bushings.

I remember having that problem when mine was relatively new, 18 years ago.
If you have not removed the plunge counter weight springs, start there.
IIRC I ended up having to clock the handle more in the "loosen" direction by loosening the screw and retightening so that after final adjustment I could push the lever a bit more than the return spring would so that it would be tighter when locked.

Thanks to all with your replys. I finally got bold and disassembled the entire router and gave it a dusting and a cleaning. The funny thing is that I could not see a problem but when I reassembled it besides the router still working the locking mechanism works again. Perhaps RC's fix would have been easier, and I will try it next time but it's hard to pass up taking something apart. Bob.

=====I have the same router, and it's on the router table 99% of the time. I could have saved you a bit of trouble if I had read this thread earlier. The lock lever can be adjusted pretty easily. Just back it in another notch or so of the lock stud behind it. I'm pretty sure you inadvertently made that adjustment when you put things back together. :)