Bosch 1590EVS jigsaw problem...or not?

Hauled my Bosch 1590 jigsaw over to my brother's house to help him with some home improvement projects and when I went to use it--nothing. Tried a different outlet, still nothing. Saw the reflection of what was evidently some sort of spark or arcing on the blade. Don't know where it was coming from. No electrical smell. I put it back in my truck, expecting to return it today, but when I plugged it in here, it worked normally. Any ideas what was going on? I talked to Bosch and registered it for their three year warranty. It's less than two months old and I could probably insist on an exchange, but I'd rather not bother with it if I don't need to.

Reply to
Hax Planx

Did you by any chance plug another tool in to any of the outlets to see if they would run? Perhaps both outlets were not working and especially if they were on the same circuit.

Reply to
Leon

I had a similar problem many years ago, when I took my table saw to do a job at a youth club. Took it of the trailer, plugged it in, set it up, turned it on, blade twitched then nothing.Tried a different extension cord, nothing. Tried another outlet, nothing. Dropped the motor from the saw, took it apart, cleaned it, checked all connections, switches, resets etc., plugged it in, NOTHING. Gave up and went home. The answer, The club had those quick blow safety fuses and the start-up draw from the motor was just over their limit and so they would give up the ghost. We had to replace three fuses. Purchased one standard fuse, did the job on that outlet and then replaced it with a safety one. Probably not your problem, but thought this may save someone some trouble one day. All the best John

Reply to
John B

Nah, I just used a cordless circular saw instead. It could have just been bad luck and two bad outlets. One was an outside receptacle and the other was in a small workshop with possibly too much hooked up to it and an open breaker. I guess I'll find out over the long haul, since it has a three year warranty.

Reply to
Hax Planx