Bosch 1590 for $120 (Amazon.com reconditioned)

The Bosch 1590 jigsaw is available for $120+shipping, reconditioned, directly from Bosch. (Amazon.com product link shortened)39116517/ref=cl_tr_br_cl/103-3045814-5698243?nS1632&s=hi&v=glance If you've been waiting for the perfect moment to upgrade your jigsaw, this might be it... If you haven't used one of these saws, they're amazing - Search the archives here for more user comments. Get some Progressor wood blades to go with it. Hope this helps, Andy No affiliations, just a satisfied 1590 owner and satisfied Amazon reconditioned customer.

They also sell on e-bay as cpotools-bosch.
And it's a great saw.
Ha! This saw (brand new) was on sale for $85 at Blain's Farm & Fleet in the fall. But I skipped it, preferring my barrel grip saw.

(Amazon.com product link shortened)39116517/ref=cl_tr_br_cl/103-3045814-5698243?nS1632&s=hi&v=glance

Same model??
Yes, same model.

I'd prefer the barrel grip too but for $ 85 I was willing to compromise.
Leon wrote:

Have a Bosch, had a chance to try out a Festool on a treated lumber arbor project. The Festool didn't start acting like a jigsaw until I replaced the blade with a Progressor and then the fancy dust collection thru the base just got all plugged up with the wet treated lumber sawdust. I guess the Festool is a just city folk and doesn't like it out here in the outdoors where we have to cut arches in arbors. I'll take my Bosch any time.

(Amazon.com product link shortened)39116517/ref=cl_tr_br_cl/103-3045814-5698243?nS1632&s=hi&v=glance