Bosch 14.4v deal at Amazon

Currently Amazon has the Bosch 33164-2G which is the 14.4V Brute Tough drill/driver with the new blue core batteries for $148.15 with free shipping. (and as an added bonus they are actually in stock!) That is 80 cents cheaper than you can buy a refurbished one from CPO Bosch (when you include the shipping) and the one from Amazon is not refurbished. That's the best deal on them that I have seen in the couple of months that I've been looking for one . Hope that helps someone. Happy sawdust, BC

And then there is this, also a great deal. (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Lighter weight and the impact will be more powerful than the 14.v volt drill.
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 23:08:11 GMT, "Leon"

The "impact" may be "more powerful" but it's in the wrong direction for drilling concrete, which is what the "hammer" on a hammerdrill is for.

I'll agree that an impact driver does not do the job of a hammer drill. What does a hammer drill have to do with this thread? The OP did not mention anything about a hammer drill. The OP did mention a 33164-2G drill/driver. 14.4V Brute Tough does not mean that it is a hammer drill.
A 33164-2G is simply a drill/driver. http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tools-detail.htm?H 5973&GT911&Ig510
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 00:19:09 GMT, "Leon"

Then why does "impact" enter into the discussion at all?
Then why does "impact" enter into the discussion at all?
I'm a big fan of my impact driver. (The set he referred to included a drill and an impact driver.) It's excellent for driving lag bolts, and I use it for machinery (dis)assembly too. It's much shorter barrel allows me to get into tighter areas, and mine's also got a light (for installing cabinets) and an excellent clutch. The only beef with mine (the Panasonic) is the forward/reverse switch. I've changed my grip to avoid accidentally hitting it though, and it's a real nice tool for me. JP
Apparently you do not know the difference between an impact driver and a hammer drill. Google it. Learn something.

Because it is included with the drill/driver package that I pointed out. Think, for an extra $31 you also get am impact driver over the Bosch sale price.