Bosch 12" axial-glide miter saw.

Page 2 of 2
About $700? Well, the tool needs to last for more than 5 years for industrial use and longer for personal use. These types of tools should not have to be replaced as often as updating or purchasing new computers... are we getting into that mindset?
When Delta first came out with the Sawbuck, I thought is was the cat's meow. I bought a second generation Sawbuck (the table was upgraded), for about $500, back in the early 1980s, I think. I still use it and it still works very well. It's been a good investment, IMO. About 80% of its use has been personal/hobby, I suppose.
$700 shouldn't be a negative, if the tool will stand up to time of good rugged, non-abusive use and remain accurate with its performance.
Sonny
Add pictures here
✖

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/reviews/power-tools/bosch-axial-glide-miter-saw-top-products-2010
I wanted one. I didn't need one. I already had a miter saw. And I couldn't afford it.
But I still wanted one.
It looks like great engineering. It also looks expensive. I wonder how well those articulating arms would hold up in the field.
Add pictures here
✖
On 10/23/2010 3:07 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Know the feeling well. If I were a trim carpenter, I'd have one in a heartbeat ... along with the MFT table, and the ...
ITMT, the Makita LS1013 perfectly fills any need.
But I still want one ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Oct 23, 4:07 am, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

That's the question. More joints, more freedom of movement, more potential play in the mechanism. The Festool "reclaimed that real estate" by moving the rails forward. Bosch can't do a direct copy of the Festool design, whether or not it's patented, because there's German pride on the line.
✖
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:22:51 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"

Sweet! Beats the hell out of my HF 12-incher, but the price reflects it. I'm glad I don't need the extra precision.
-- I am an old man, but in many senses a very young man. And this is what I want you to be, young, young all your life. -- Pablo Casals
Add pictures here
✖
In spewed forth:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/reviews/power-tools/bosch-axial-glide-miter-saw-top-products-2010
If it works as well as their other tools, I'd say it's a keeper But I'm partial to Bosch and Milwakee
Add pictures here
✖