Borg discount sale - who else DIDN'T buy?

Page 2 of 2
I looked but didn't buy. My tasted lately have run to old Stanley,Sargent and millers falls handtools. Got a full compliment of powered demons and a fair start on the non-tailed stuff. Find most of these at tag sales and fleas..about the only things I can afford these days. I think we'll see more and more of these sales in the coming months...just don't know if there's a lot of people who can/want to take advantage of them. Hard times ahead, people.

I didn't buy anything. There's a new HD opening up in my town in the next month or so, and I will have little or no reason to go into the store. Anything I want or need, I need to go someplace else, like Lee Valley or Woodcraft.
Jon - got ten pounds o' crap in a five-pound-bag.
I also attended the Borg and Lowe's sales and came away empty handed. There is only so many drills and circular saws even I can justify buying. Plus I have been very lucky on the used circuit. If they had a porter cable portable drum sander or a delta boss unit I would have been tempted, but they didn't so I didn't. I didn't buy anything in the line of tools at the Menard's bag sale. We filled the bag, but with items such as a clean stream vac filter and other non tool items.
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 00:20:11 GMT, "Jon Endres, PE"
Still waiting to hear the story of the $800 shrink wrapped Unisaw! <G>
Barry
in message wrote:

The short story: Got a tip on another forum that an industrial supplier was discontinuing Delta and had some NOS Unisaws available, first come first served. It was six years old when I bought it, but was new in the crate. No fence, but I already had a good one (Mule Accusquare). I had to drive three hours one way to pick it up. Worth the effort? Yes.
Jon
It pretty much is a plastic piece of cheese. But it works great.
Brian.