Borg

Ok, I read it in the FAQ and I see it a lot in postings. Aside from Star Trek, what in the heck is the "Borg?" Home Depot?

Thanx! Jim

Reply to
McKelvey

Big Orange Retail Group, Home Depot

Reply to
KYHighlander

It's slang for Home Depot. Takes after the Borg in Star Trek with the boxlike buildings and the assimilation and destruction of small hardware stores. Other folks have more recently come up with other meanings for it.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Actually any HomeDepot, Lowe's, Menerds type store that runs the mom and pop businesses out of business. Taken from the Siborgs on Star Trek.. IIRC they would assimilate and assume the identity of others and multiply.

Reply to
Leon

Big Orange Retail Giant (Home Depot)

This can also apply to Lowe's, Wal-Mart, etc...

It's a big place that assimilates all who enter.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Actually its CYborgs. The CY comes from Cybernetic (I'm always getting corrected thought I would pass the favor along)

Reply to
Young_carpenter

No prob ... I figgered my spellin was way off.

Reply to
Leon

m' god.... i have been assimilated because resistance was futile.........:::said in a very mechanical sounding voice::::::::::: i can hear the entire collective now....."is beautiful"....." but a man has got to know his limitations".......

Reply to
WARRENRN1

I think I'm about to take a side job there. I guess that means I will be assimilated.

Reply to
TexasFireGuy

I have been working as a cashier since last July, its not bad. I did just to stay busy while our house was being built. I think your experience will depend mostly on your co-workers and your managers. Good Luck if you do it.

SteveP

Reply to
Steven P

Oddly enough, the assistant manager at the local BORG is the husband of the department manager I worked under (no pun here) at the Sears store I just quit. And just so you know, I didn't sell tools there, just the crappy lawn and garden equipment.

Reply to
TexasFireGuy