Borg

Ok, I read it in the FAQ and I see it a lot in postings. Aside from Star Trek, what in the heck is the "Borg?" Home Depot?
Thanx! Jim
Big Orange Retail Group, Home Depot
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"McKelvey" < snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com> wrote in message

I think I'm about to take a side job there. I guess that means I will be assimilated.
I have been working as a cashier since last July, its not bad. I did just to stay busy while our house was being built. I think your experience will depend mostly on your co-workers and your managers. Good Luck if you do it.
SteveP

Star
Oddly enough, the assistant manager at the local BORG is the husband of the department manager I worked under (no pun here) at the Sears store I just quit. And just so you know, I didn't sell tools there, just the crappy lawn and garden equipment.

be

It's slang for Home Depot. Takes after the Borg in Star Trek with the boxlike buildings and the assimilation and destruction of small hardware stores. Other folks have more recently come up with other meanings for it.
GTO(John)
Actually any HomeDepot, Lowe's, Menerds type store that runs the mom and pop businesses out of business. Taken from the Siborgs on Star Trek.. IIRC they would assimilate and assume the identity of others and multiply.

Actually its CYborgs. The CY comes from Cybernetic (I'm always getting corrected thought I would pass the favor along)
No prob ... I figgered my spellin was way off.

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:11:11 GMT, "McKelvey"

Big Orange Retail Giant (Home Depot)
This can also apply to Lowe's, Wal-Mart, etc...
It's a big place that assimilates all who enter.
Barry
m' god.... i have been assimilated because resistance was futile.........:::said in a very mechanical sounding voice::::::::::: i can hear the entire collective now....."is beautiful"....." but a man has got to know his limitations".......