BORG?

I'm almost afraid to ask but I will. What is BORG? Thanks
click and look http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=BORG&meta=group%3Drec.woodworking

Big Orange Retail Giant
ever watch Startrek? "Borg" really came from that show.
dave
Maskman wrote:

Your explanation deserves to be in the FAQ.
... t'would save a lot of trouble, maybe? ... Nah!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/13/03

Or just repeated twice a week, since that's about how often the question is asked.
Oh, wait... someone would have to actually read the messages before asking right?

Yep: "nah!"
Kevin
I'd agree there; that's the best explanation I've seen.
And I'd say it's high time Leon's explanation of left-tilt vs. right-tilt made it to the FAQ as well.
Maybe David could explain to us how this all works.
And what of Gary Robson's FAQ at http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/ ? That thing's never gonna get updated again, is it? It's nice to have a FAQ in a static place, but how useful is it if we can't update it?
Swingman wrote:

Not until someone formats it properly. ;~)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/13/03

Borg added to mini FAQ
I did a quick search and didn't find Leon's explaination, anyone care to point me towards it?
Thanks,
David.
Sounds like Wal-Mart who also fit that bill

First reference to Borg, Nov, 98. And it stuck. At the time HD was expanding and closing out hardware stores and lumber yards with agressive price matching policies.
http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm656693C.53A8FAC1%40sprintlink.com&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fsafe%3Dimages%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26as_ugroup%3Drec.woodworking%26as_usubject%3Dborg%26as_uauthors%3Deddie%26lr%3D%26hl%3Den
My only claim to fame in this world....
Bwahahaha.
John