Bookcase installation

My next big project, if I ever get the d*mn shop in order is bookcases. We have TONS of books.
Anyways, I have plenty of plans for a case, so that's not what I asking asstance on. It is the installation of the cases.
The house has wall-to-wall carpeting and 1/2 base molding in the rooms where there will be the cases. I know the tackless strip for the w-to-w will raise the back end of the case up a bit and the 1/2 molding will force it from the wall, so that means the case is just not going to be straight and stable.
How best do I handle this? Do I put in leveling blocks in the front and raise the front to match the offset from the tackless and do I pull the molding and cut it fit the cases against the wall.
I already figured that I would tie the cases to the wall, as we live in earthquake country. That's a given. But in all of the plans I have, they don't talk about either the molding or tackless strip.
So how do you do it?
Thanks much.
MJ Wallace

I've always cut out a section, a curve or whatever at the back of the bookcase to conform to the moulding. It's dead space anyway because your bookcase is going to have at least a few inches height of toe kick, right?
I use wooden blocks at the front of bookcases to level them. As you stated, use L brackets at the top of the case where there is a wall stud--yes, how well I know about quakes.
On 29 May 2005 20:29:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@onebox.com wrote:

On 29 May 2005 20:29:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@onebox.com wrote:

We just built and installed an entertainment center in a room with a carpeted floor. We pulled the carpet back, removed the tack strip and base board, installed the cabinet, cut the carpet (somewhat long) back to the cabinet re-installed, the base board and had the carpet guy come to install new tack strip and re-stretch to the cabinet. I know it's not the easiest way but if the installation is going to be permanent, I would recommend going to the trouble. If you can do the stretch you can save a little money but a re-stretch is not too expensive.
Mike O.
Adjustable feet into blocks on the front corners.