bookcase/hidden door?

Anyone with plans for a bookcase/hidden door?

There were no plans in it IIRC, but there was a long thread about this a couple of weeks ago. Google for "Hinged Bookshelf Design" (with quotes).
Check out www.hiddendoors.com
The Hidden Door Company 9404 Red Spruce Way Elk Grove, CA 95624 877.218.5434
About $1500 for a setup but they also sell the hinges that are the secret to the whole setup.

I've looked through their site but find no reference to selling hinges. What's unique about the hinges they use?
Phil
Art Deco wrote:

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago and have since finished my design and built two units that hinge to hide a small concealed space behind them. Basically two standard 3/4" cab ply bookshelves with rabbet/dado joints and the back 1/4" ply *glued* in place to prevent racking. It's all held up by continuous/piano hinges (got a deal for 7' heavy duty ones - $10 a pop!). I'm working on the mouldings now and then will be tearing down for finishing.
I'll post pics to a.b.p.w as soon as the batteries in the digital camera are charged (doh!).
--
Henry

To reply use henry @t henrywebb d0t com