Bookcase detail opinions wanted!

I'm toying with the idea of having through dovetails on the bottom front molding where it meets the side bottom molding.
I'm not sure how it will look/blend with the rest of the bookcase design. Your thoughts?
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Bookcase.php

Can you use your drawing program to simulate that look? Nothing works better than actually seeing vs. wondering.
On 1/17/2010 3:10 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

YMMV, but I've tried dovetailing the "base" on a couple of pieces, not molding, but similar to molding as it is like "trim", and was never all that happy with the look.
<when I first got a Leigh D4, I got carried away more than a bit>
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
On 1/17/2010 3:10 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

Dovetails are nice, but they do add "busy-ness" to the design. I like the clean design you already have and think the flutes are enough - and that flutes /plus/ dovetails might be too much.
I suspect everyone's mileage will vary...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Ok. I need to think about this a little more. Thanks everyone.