Bookcase beading

My next door neighbor has an already assembled bookcase that he would like to add a bead to along the face frame edges. Some of the edges are curved.
The only way I know to do this is to have the face frame pieces laying on a router table with a pin guide and beading bit....or at least that is my best guess.
Is there way to apply a bead to the edge of a face frame that is already installed on the cabinet and has curved edges? I do have a plunge router....no router table...
Thanks for answering this newbie type of question.
Don Screen Allen, TX snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Depending on how wide the face frame is, sure, you could do it freehand. Practice on scrap of the same width first to get a feel for it!
Brian.

I'm thinking "scratch stock" or a beading plane: <http://www.lie-nielsen.com/tool.html?idf&cart 885692002852465>
A scratch stock is easy to make and much less expensive - do a Google on this group and I'm sure you'll find more info.

scratch stock.

Scratch stock (easily made, or you can buy them too).
This is a fiddly task, in small spaces, and you're not removing much timber. It's the sort of job that's just easier with a hand tool.