Book Warm Fuzzy

Well, I bought a book off the web, and got it today. BUT, I already knew I wanted it, so didn't need to thumb thru a copy first. It's "Woodworking Wisdom", by Rosario Capotosto. Price on the inside of the dust jacket is $30.50, and it looks like it's never even been read. I got it for $7.21, including shipping. I love google.
Very nice book, says 200 original jigs, shop aids, tool techniquest, and projects for the home craftsman. There's only about one of the projects that's very interesting to me, and that only because it's given me some ideas for a project of my own. But, got a lot of info from the jigs, and it says it's got 808 photos (it's always nice to have lots of pictures), and 90 constructon plans.
No, it's NOT a gloat, no matter that some of you would call it one. And, not really a neener. But, definitely a warm fuzzy.
Was this the guy from popular machanics? The name rings a bell.

if I remember correctly. But I have seen titles of his on Amazon.com so he has a lot going on as an author too.
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Yes he has some free articles there, including how to build a handplane, if I remember correctly. But I have seen titles of his on Amazon.com so
he has a lot going on as an author too.<<
Ro is retired now, freelanced, and worked until retirement after a long career primarily for Popular Mechanics. He has a slew of books out there. Excellent writer. Nice guy, though I hardly knew him. He was nice enough to quit submitting articles to the National Association of Home & Workshop Writers peer judged contests some years before retirement. He kept winning and wanted other people to have a chance.
His brother John was also a freelancer in the DIY field. Also retired.
Tue, Mar 8, 2005, 8:34am (EST-2) nicky snipped-for-privacy@lanl.gov (NickDegidio) queries: Was this the guy from popular machanics? The name rings a bell.
He was from "everywhere", but this particular book says Popular Science. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22Rosario+Capotosto%22
Heh heh. Got another book warm fuzzy today. Had ordered anothee book on-line, BOY MECHANIC BOOK 1940 THE CRAFTSMAN, and it got here today. The book was $5, with postage at $5, but it got here and the actual postage was only $1.84, at media rate, so was mildly ripped off. But, I'm happy anyway, I've got one or two similar books, and around the same age, so knew the type of stuff that would be in it. Lots of good reading there, even if I never make anything out of it.
I love old stuff. Cars, trucks, tools, books. Prefer older women too - you know, like 29, 30, 31. LMAO
On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 02:03:58 -0500, J T wrote:

Yeah, I want a copy. Checked it out of the library and made some of the jigs. Thread a while back complained that books on jigs had the same ol' same ol'. That's cuz this book already has the good ones!
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com