Book Recommendations

Howdy, all! I read here a lot, but post infrequently. I've only been woodworking seriously for a couple of years now, but have been occasionally building and otherwise MacGyver-ing together bits of wood for quite a few years. So, as I'm now a devout woodworker I should probably expand my woodworking library. I apologize for the vague nature of this post, but I don't have an exact question that I need an answer to. What I want are some woodworking-related books with plans/ideas for "interesting" home projects. The "interesting" bit is what I'm apologizing for; subject to interpretation, I know. So, by way of defining my thoughts on "interesting", following is a list of books that I'm considering. Searching Amazon and Barnes & Noble seems to only produce "interesting" books in the jig/finishing/technique catagory; I'd also be interested in books with "interesting" projects in them...jewelry boxes, humidors, chests, tables, moderate/advanced furniture, et cetera. No kids toys -- with the exception of advanced, intricate, puzzle-type projects. No wood turning. So, given those parameters, and my budget of three or four books, which of the below (or add your own) would you recommend? Again, I know this is kind of vague...consider it license to go wild. :-)
Thanks, in advance, for your replies.
Brian
"Normal people, by definition, are average."
List of "interesting" books (add to it at will):
"Woodworking With the Router: Professional Router Techniques and Jigs Any Woodworker Can Use" by William H. Hylton, Fred Matlack (Contributor), Frank Rohrbach (Illustrator), Bill Hylton
"Router Magic: Jigs, Fixtures, and Tricks to Unlease Your Router" by Bill Hylton
"Router Joinery Workshop: Common Joints, Simple Setups & Clever Jigs" Carol Reed
"Finishes and Finishing Techniques: Professional Secrets for Simple and Beautiful Finishes from Fine Woodworking"
"Complete Illustrated Guide to Joinery" Gary Rogowski
"Understanding Wood Finishing" Bob Flexner
"200 Original Shop Aids and Jigs for Woodworkers" Rosario Capotosto
"Wonders in Wood"
"Puzzles in Wood"
"New Wood Puzzle Designs"
Doug Stowe is a frequent contributor to this newsgroup. I have both of his books on jewelry boxes and they are excellent. There are techniques that can be applied to many other situations. I don't have his book on tables, but I am sure it must be a good one too.
http://www.dougstowe.com/book/books.htm
Also, any of the books by Taunton Press are pretty good. I have a fair amount of them.
http://www.tauntonpress.com/store/index_fwbv.asp

Buy any or all three of the books found here:
<http://www.dougstowe.com/book/books.htm
I haven't bought the table one yet. (Sorry, Doug!)
djb
--
"Wherever there is a jackboot stomping on a human face there will be a
well-heeled Western liberal to explain that the face does, after all, enjoy
My $0.02 worth: Look for pieces or projects you want to make (inspiration), then figure out the joinery and construction techniques you need to use (instruction).
Inspiration:
All of Krenov's books. Or check out the College of the Redwoods website: http://www.crfinefurniture.com /
Or other posters to this group: http://thunderworksinc.com/rick/portfolio1.htm http://www.swanriverfurniture.com.au / http://www.io.com/~colca/home.html http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/door /
Stow's books on boxes or any by several other authors.
Taunton's books: "In the Crafstman Style" and "Practical Design Solutions and Strategies."
Instruction:
Hoadly, "Understanding Wood"
Ferencsick & Neptune, "The Fundamentals of Fine Woodworking"
Frid, "Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking, Books 1 and 2".
Hylton, "Rodale's Illustrated Cabinetmaking"
Many others. Have fun.
-JBB Fine Woodworking magazine.
Brian,
I have some reviews on my site at http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/ under "Reference Books" in the menu.
Greg
Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking books 1&2 I consider a more informative than Gary's book. I bought Taunton finishing book and was sorry. I visit 3 finishing forums daily and get more from them than most books offer. homesteadfinishing.com targetcoatings.com woodfinishingsupplies.com Lots pf stuff a Spaltedboard.com

Ahhhh...I love the newsgroups. Thanks, everyone, for your recommendations! Now I'm off to the book store.