book I haven't seen yet

Hi,
I was just thinking, there's no version of "..for Idiots" related to woodworking!
We're being sadly neglected and overlooked here.
We need to assemble it on our own, if we have to!
Who's for "Woodworking For Idiots"?
James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com http:// snipped-for-privacy@breck.org
http://www.hotkey.net.au/~bobrich/mudsmith/woodcont.html

brocpuffs wrote:

Do we get to elect a "poster child"?
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
brocpuffs wrote:

A quick search reveals it's too late:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)=*
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I could easily write a book with the mistakes I've made, and the tricks I've learned over the years. Hopefully my two sons (2&4) will benefit from my mistakes, er, wisdom, yea, wisdom!
;-)

Hi,
In a way, I was thinking of something like this. I see the idea isn;t new. Oh, heck-
Dave Barry could write a good one, if we give him the material?
James snipped-for-privacy@eochester.rr.com http:// snipped-for-privacy@breck.org
What amazes me is that the Pres. says everything is fine when the economy is not up to snuff, people are unable to find jobs, we will rebuild Iraq when we did not Viet Nam or Korea, retirement funds have taken it on the chin, Red Cross is broke, and new we have or soon will have major damage to the East Coast. People are unable to make motrtages and losing houses. The list goes on. Does not make sense to me to rebuild the rest of the world when we are letting the US go to pot. Taxes WILL be going up no matter what anybody says. Didn't we have a Pres. that once said "read my lips". Sure glad he was not kin to our present Pres.. Was he?

Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

and this has what to do with woodworking books again?

At first glance I thought you wrote that you named your son 2X4. I think it's time for bed...
exactly how i read it! no more reading this group for a while now... okay, 5 mins...
irax.
Christopher wrote:

pixelated:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)=* A framing hammer, a bondo rasp, and $4.98 combo square. What a start!
- Interpreted Interpolations Done Dirt Cheap. ----------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
Yep there is ... and it ain't all that bad.either. The author some time under Tage Frid and has some good concepts. I got it for Xmas a few years back and kept in the "library", next to the throne, for the couple of months that it took to finish it. I moved it out to the shop and haven't opened it since, but I didn't want to throw it away. IIRC, the chapter(s) on lumber and wood were pretty good. It did have some "conventional wisdom" that I don't necessarily subscribe to, like alternating annular ring orientation during glue-ups, etc. but for the most part it would be a good book for a newbie.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/13/03

(Amazon.com product link shortened)63849163/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-3467439-5854456?v=glance&s=books
or
(Amazon.com product link shortened) Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address
pixelated:

Taken verbatim off Google Groups from our very own Wreck fool, BAD? (Foreword by Joe Woody Woodpecker)
- Interpreted Interpolations Done Dirt Cheap. ----------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
On 18 Sep 2003, Larry Jaques spake unto rec.woodworking:

That would be "Woodworking BY Idiots", wouldn't it?
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:00:39 GMT, Scott Cramer

Well, cover everything:
"Woodworking By Idiots For Idiots"
James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com http:// snipped-for-privacy@breck.org
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:00:39 GMT, Scott Cramer

OK, by and for.
-- Gray Davis says "Vote for 'The Governator' or I'll be Back!" -------------------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Terminating the bad websites out there
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

B: The lawsuits from chopped off body parts would bankrupt the author.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

How will they open the book having already cut off their fingers? Perhaps plans for a book opening jig on the back cover...
-Leuf