Book: "Furniture Treasure", Wallace Nutting, 1928

You can buy all editions. Amazon has several listing for used and new books.

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny

You see some of the prices on those puppies? Paper gold. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Used IE9 on another laptop ... no exe, no problems.

Amazing ... IE9 actually does what you want it to do; Chrome does what Google wants you to do; FireFox is so bloated and confused with constant updates that it can't make up it's mind; and Safari is still connected to Steve Jobs with an invisible Karma cable.

Reply to
Swingman

ns. Amazon has several listing for used and new books. You see some of the = prices on those puppies? Paper gold. ;) --

Last update: 4= /15/2010 KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Some are pretty steep. I just bought the set for $32. Vols. 1&2 fr= om Tx and Vol. 3 from Miss.

The book I had mentioned earlier, and found online, is "The Early Furniture= French Canada", by Jean Palardy. I had checked out this book from our loc= al library many times, as a reference to/for some of my past projects. It = is no longer at our library... (somemone stole it?). I liked this book. I= may buy this one, too... haven't decided, yet. =20

This book is hefty with lots of pictures, also, but not many detail drawing= s of designs or dimensions, etc. A good eye can figure out many of those a= spects. Early furniture in Canada parallels that of here in the states and= lots of it is bulk/hefty built. A little tweaking, to reduce bulk, is eas= y, yet maintain the rustic, old time appearance/style. I like this style, = as long as I don't go overboard. Too many pieces can make your home look l= ike a camp, but a few outdoor/patio uses looks nice. *Similarly, that larg= e log bench I showed at PlantFest... someone later called to buy it, for th= eir flower garden/patio area.

I don't recall seeing a sofa table in it, though. Maybe something can be i= mprovised!!

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny

Need is no longer urgent ... somehow one magically appeared in my family room. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Amazon has several listing for used and new books. You see some of the prices on those puppies? Paper gold. ;)

Yeah, anywhere from $5 to 0.3 Festools each!

>Yeah! Some are pretty steep. I just bought the set for $32. Vols. 1&2 from Tx and Vol. 3 from Miss.

French Canada", by Jean Palardy. I had checked out this book from our local library many times, as a reference to/for some of my past projects. It is no longer at our library... (somemone stole it?). I liked this book. I may buy this one, too... haven't decided, yet.

designs or dimensions, etc. A good eye can figure out many of those aspects. Early furniture in Canada parallels that of here in the states and lots of it is bulk/hefty built. A little tweaking, to reduce bulk, is easy, yet maintain the rustic, old time appearance/style. I like this style, as long as I don't go overboard. Too many pieces can make your home look like a camp, but a few outdoor/patio uses looks nice. *Similarly, that large log bench I showed at PlantFest... someone later called to buy it, for their flower garden/patio area.

Yessir. Ya take a stump and...

-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Spot-on all the way down, sir. I was perfectly happy with Netscape Navigator 4. Bookmarking systems make or break a browser, and -all- are broken nowadays.

SUCKS, it does.

-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law

Reply to
Larry Jaques

All browsers, or all bookmarking systems? I don't understand.

Reply to
Bill

Both. All browsers today have broken/limited/awkward bookmarking systems.