Book: "Furniture Treasure", Wallace Nutting, 1928

Page 2 of 2
On 10/14/2012 9:26 AM, cedarsonny wrote:

Need is no longer urgent ... somehow one magically appeared in my family room. ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Amazon has several listing for used and new books. You see some of the prices on those puppies? Paper gold. ;) Yeah, anywhere from $5 to 0.3 Festools each!

French Canada", by Jean Palardy. I had checked out this book from our local library many times, as a reference to/for some of my past projects. It is no longer at our library... (somemone stole it?). I liked this book. I may buy this one, too... haven't decided, yet.

designs or dimensions, etc. A good eye can figure out many of those aspects. Early furniture in Canada parallels that of here in the states and lots of it is bulk/hefty built. A little tweaking, to reduce bulk, is easy, yet maintain the rustic, old time appearance/style. I like this style, as long as I don't go overboard. Too many pieces can make your home look like a camp, but a few outdoor/patio uses looks nice. *Similarly, that large log bench I showed at PlantFest... someone later called to buy it, for their flower garden/patio area.

Yessir. Ya take a stump and...
-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law
On 10/13/2012 9:22 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Used IE9 on another laptop ... no exe, no problems.
Amazing ... IE9 actually does what you want it to do; Chrome does what Google wants you to do; FireFox is so bloated and confused with constant updates that it can't make up it's mind; and Safari is still connected to Steve Jobs with an invisible Karma cable.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Spot-on all the way down, sir. <shakes head in horror> I was perfectly happy with Netscape Navigator 4. Bookmarking systems make or break a browser, and -all- are broken nowadays.
SUCKS, it does.
-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law
Larry Jaques wrote:

All browsers, or all bookmarking systems? I don't understand.

Both. All browsers today have broken/limited/awkward bookmarking systems.
-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law

I waited the requisite 8 or so seconds and the download did NOT start. After that, I did click on the download button and it wanted to download an .exe file.
Sorry, but that's when I say "NO"!
Dave wrote:

I was using the SeaMonkey browser (a relative of Thunderbird). When I tried again using Internet Exlorer it seemed to work a little differently. I didn't pursue it further.

I agree 100%, Bill! So much so I've decided to provide the group all 3 volumes, FOR FREE! Think of it as an early Christmas present. :o)
Volumes 1 and 2: http://uploading.com/files/cd5e82b1/NuttingWallaceFurnitureTreasury.V1%262.pdf
Furniture Treasury (Mostly Of American Origin), two volumes in one, unabridged. All Periods of American Furniture with Some Foreign Examples in America Also American Hardware and Household Utensils (Five Thousand Illustrations with Descriptions on the Same Page)
Volume 3: http://uploading.com/files/976db3mf/NuttingWallaceFurnitureTreasury.V3.pdf /
This beautiful book has 548 pages that are filled with 1000 illustrations, including sketches with dimensions, of various period furniture and includes many comparisons of details such as different furniture feet, various clock hands, different types of spindles, etc. It has sections on different types of furniture, collecting, labels, reproductions, beds, finishes, prices, manufacture, woods, and much more. It also has a section on clockmakers, a furniture index, and an appendix for crude homemade furniture.
Enjoy!