Book for Basic Cabinet makeing from plywood PLEASE ADVISE

I need to make some good quality shop cabinets with drawers out of Hardwood Plywood. Can anyone recommend a book that would help THANKS in ADVANCE

Depends on how good of job you do... If you do a good job, you shouldn't need any books. An ok job would require a little book, like a pamphlet, while a bad job would require a thick book like a text book. A really bad job and a collection of literary works will save the day. (They're usually quite thick, and useless as references.) ;-)
Puckdropper

snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net woodman wrote:

Check out out books by the late Danny Proulx.
He's got a bunch of books that describe sound, fast cabinet construction principles in a straight forward manner. Once you decide between frameless or face frame construction methods, most cabinets are built the same. Often, the only difference between shop and "show" cabinets is face material and door / drawer front design.
Good luck.
B A R R Y wrote:

I'd second Proulx's books. Straightforward, easy to read and understand and extremely practical
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.
On Dec 19, 8:34 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net woodman"

I suggest you Google for the Engineered Wood Products Assc. This trade group represents plywood manufacturers. A little digging will most probably turn up some of the information you are looking for.
Amazon also comes to mind, they have some books on the topic of plywood construction.
A search through Fine Woodworking Magazine's index of past issues will also provide some of the information you seek.
Lastly, "Cabinetmaking and Millwork" by John L Feirer is a standard text which will have useful information for you.
Joe G
http://www.kregjig.com /
Go here and search for DVD on cabinet making.
If you want to do plywood, the Kreg jig is the king of plywood construction. Fast,solid and easy.
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net woodman wrote:

The best $9.00 you can spend on the topic of cabinet making is John Paquay's booklet "Building Your Own Kitchen Cabinets." Available for download as well....
http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay/byokc.html
Easy enough for a monkey to follow... ...and I did.
- jbd in Denver

"jbd in Denver" wrote

Ditto ... no discussion of cabinet making techniques for kitchen/shop should be without a mention of John's booklet.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

My favorite is "Building Kitchen Cabinets" by Udo Schmidt (ISBN 1-56158-470-3). It's part of Taunton's "Build Like A Pro" series.
I think I bought mine at the local Borders bookstore, but you can buy it online from Rockler:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 981&cookietest=1
Or from Amazon:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)- Schmidt/dp/1561584703/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid98249145&sr-1
There are numerous other sources as well.
A couple of tips based on my personal experience...
1. Sand the cabinet parts BEFORE you assemble them. It's virtually impossible to get into the corners and whatnot once you assemble cabinets and drawers.
2. If you're staining your wood, stain drawer bottoms and door panels before you assemble them. Otherwise, when the wood shrinks, you'll end up with unstained lines around the edges of the panels.
Anthony
HerHusband wrote:

Or skip most of that, and use prefinished plywood facing in.