bonding wood to metal?

anyone have any experience bonding metal (lead) to wood, I need suggestions of what type of glue/epoxy you have used and if it worked well with hard use
thanx please email your answers to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Plain old Devcon or Hobbico 2 part, 45 minute to 2 hour epoxy works gerat. For weighted bases (bookends-lamps,ect) I've had great success routing out a hollow and pouring in a mix of epoxy and lead birdshot. About a 2:1 mix of shot:epoxy.
Don't know what your use is... for sheet lead I'd use some type of silicone glue/caulk, for a block, I'd also screw it in.

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:41:59 GMT, steve gard

I have some lead tire weights for aluminum wheels. they have double stick foam mounting tape on them.     Bridger
steve gard wrote:

Pinewood Derby car? :)
I bore out a weight chamber and fill the hole with molten lead poured from a shop-built cruicible. Someone said I'm going to get lead poisoning if I keep melting lead like that, but I only do it once a year, and I'm not too worried about it. The resulting form-fitting slug holds well with no glue.
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:41:59 GMT, steve gard

Well, I don't know about lead, but can testify that Elmer's polyurethane (sort of similar to Gorilla glue, but cheaper) works really well for gluing iron to plywood.
I built a stand a few months back to hold a pair of 200lb toolboxes, where the only support under the boxes was a piece of 1.5x1.5x3/16" angle iron let into a 1/4" deep dado in 3/4" plywood. I just glued the angle iron into the plywood. I didn't use any mechanical fasteners at all. The bond seems to be unbelieveably strong, and it was a hell of a lot less trouble than epoxy - no mixing. Granted, there isn't any shear force on this joint (the bottom edge of the dado is carrying that) but that joint is really strong - I whacked it with a pony sledge a few times at the outer edges of the angle iron, and it isn't going anywhere. Just be sure to wear gloves, the stuff will NOT come off your hands.

Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com
I used polyu glue to put a zero clearance plate on the circular saw. Had to scrape some of it off of the metal after prying it off.