Bon voyage, Luigi!

In case you haven't heard, one of brethren wooddorkers is taking a wee trip:

him well ...

Reply to
Swingman

What an awesome roadtrip!

Keep safe and enjoy.

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

Wow,

8000 miles, Good luck Luigi, and be careful.

basilsik

Reply to
basilisk

"...so I decided to drive to Chile and Argentina from Whitehorse, Yukon."

So ... he's not coming back????

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

My life is pretty much complete...but I just turned a nasty shade of green. (envy)

Reply to
Robatoy

Keep well and travel safe, Luigi.

Take _lots_ of pictures!

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Have an interesting trip. I did one on a motorcycle from Colorado to south of Mexico City and back up the west coast. 16 days 6000 miles. Only problem was I only spoke English. WW

Reply to
WW

Those types of tales puts me in mind of Paul Theroux's "The Old Patagonian Express", wherein he tells the tale of traveling by train from Boston to Patagonia. To this day my favorite travel anthology, and author of same.

I took a decidedly unauthorized trip to Mexico City at the age of 16 myself. :)

Later, it took me three years to make it around the world, twice ... the wanderlust remains unquenched, and that over 40 years ago.

Basically, with the last kid now out of college, I wouldn't have turned down the job as Luigi's navigator. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Good luck on the trip and swing by Houston!

Reply to
Leon

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:53:06 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

WEEGEE? That crazy uckerfay is headin' out in a GM vehickule. Wow!

I'll have to read that. I just got to the first clue of who it was when he gave his Skype ID. Ha!

Go WeeGee!

-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:43:49 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Yeah, but he already HAS a winch.

-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Looking at the truck, I was reminded of Steinbecks's "Travels with Charley". I recall it being an amusing read, although I don't remember all that much about it.

I did remember Steinbeck's truck with that same style of old camper on it, and thought of it immediately when I saw it in the photo.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Have a great voyage Luigi.

Next time, maybe think about sailing around the world.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 23:37:24 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Not in a GM he won't!

-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't know, they (amongst others, of course) built diesels used for LSTs, etc., ... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

I thought of that, but I'm decidedly a wimpy fair-weather coastal sailor. A month-long trip around Vancouver Island cured me of that desire.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm still here. :-0

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

You BASTARD!

;-D

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

sailor. A month-long trip around Vancouver Island cured me of that desire.

So you pay homage to the great god Ralph for the first two days of each passage heh?

You wouldn't be the first or last.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett