Bon voyage, Luigi!

Page 1 of 2
In case you haven't heard, one of brethren wooddorkers is taking a wee trip:
http://pickuptruckdiaries.wordpress.com /
Wish him well ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

What an awesome roadtrip!
Keep safe and enjoy.
diggerop

Wow, 8000 miles, Good luck Luigi, and be careful.
basilsik
Swingman wrote:

"...so I decided to drive to Chile and Argentina from Whitehorse, Yukon."
So ... he's not coming back????

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm still here. :-0
Luigi
In article

You BASTARD!
;-D

My life is pretty much complete...but I just turned a nasty shade of green. (envy)

I find it interesting that most men have the same reaction as you or Swing (either jealous or want to come along), but women generally think that I'm even crazier than they thought I was.
Luigi
Swingman wrote:

Keep well and travel safe, Luigi.
Take _lots_ of pictures!
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Have an interesting trip. I did one on a motorcycle from Colorado to south of Mexico City and back up the west coast. 16 days 6000 miles. Only problem was I only spoke English. WW
WW wrote:

Those types of tales puts me in mind of Paul Theroux's "The Old Patagonian Express", wherein he tells the tale of traveling by train from Boston to Patagonia. To this day my favorite travel anthology, and author of same.
I took a decidedly unauthorized trip to Mexico City at the age of 16 myself. :)
Later, it took me three years to make it around the world, twice ... the wanderlust remains unquenched, and that over 40 years ago.
Basically, with the last kid now out of college, I wouldn't have turned down the job as Luigi's navigator. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

Luigi,
Bon Voyage!
Bill
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:43:49 -0600, the infamous Swingman

Yeah, but he already HAS a winch.
-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine

Looking at the truck, I was reminded of Steinbecks's "Travels with Charley". I recall it being an amusing read, although I don't remember all that much about it.
I did remember Steinbeck's truck with that same style of old camper on it, and thought of it immediately when I saw it in the photo.
Robert
Have a great voyage Luigi.
Next time, maybe think about sailing around the world.<G>
Lew
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 23:37:24 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

Not in a GM he won't!
-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine
Larry Jaques wrote:

I don't know, they (amongst others, of course) built diesels used for LSTs, etc., ... :)

I thought of that, but I'm decidedly a wimpy fair-weather coastal sailor. A month-long trip around Vancouver Island cured me of that desire.
Luigi
"Luigi Zanasi" wrote:

sailor. A month-long trip around Vancouver Island cured me of that desire.
So you pay homage to the great god Ralph for the first two days of each passage heh?
You wouldn't be the first or last<G>.
Lew

I have that problem once on the first day if I haven't been on the water for a while. Soon as Ralph gets his due, I'm right as rain.
diggerop