bombe commode

I am designing a carved bombe commode in the French provincial style, with three drawers, scrolled legs and a marble top.

I am looking for any info on methods of fabricating this piece. I am interested in designs, especially of the drawer mechanism. Any description, plan would be good, an exploded drawing would be best.

Also, I would appreciate advice on reference sources, books with authentic or reproduction plans or designs. Articles with a step-by-step fabrication process or something closely related.

Thanks,

Sandor

Reply to
Sandor

Hi Sandor,

Check out Jeff Greet's site, there may be some good information on what are doing:

C.

Reply to
Frank Campbell

Fri, Feb 27, 2004, 11:08pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com (Sandor) says: I am designing a carved bombe commode in the French provincial style, with three drawers, scrolled legs and a marble top.

Ah, my mistake. When I saw the subject, I thought it was a story about someone dropping a lit cigar down an outhouse hole, while they were still on it.

JOAT Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is too precious to be left to politicians.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like.

J T