bombay chest plans

looking for plans on how to go about building a bombay chest. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
JERRY

Try doing a Google search with "Bombe", the proper spelling.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Jerry asks:

Check out Bombe Chest on google.

Should be an accent on Bombe's "e", but not possible with this set-up.

Charlie Self

"Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. " Adlai E. Stevenson

Reply to
Charlie Self

FWW did one many years ago. Check the index.

Reply to
My Old Tools

Fri, Sep 19, 2003, 4:34am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@whipmail.com (Raymond=A0Odi) claims: Just so you know, a google search won't turn up anything;

Will give you some pictures anyway. Got 206 hits from "Bombay Chests", and 5020 hits from "Bombe Chests". Judging from the vew I looked at, they come in a variety. Just make a chest and call it a Bombay or Bombe, probably nobody will know the difference.

JOAT Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 15 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Charlie and all,

(hold down the ALT key and type 0233 from the number pad for the é character)

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I can't remember them either ... so I use the chararacter map to quickly identify the code I need. Of course you can always insert the character directly, but if I'm going to use it more than once, I select the character and note the ALT+ code in the lower right corner of the window.

Thought I'd share a hint with you ... in return for all you've shared with the net. Thanks.

Regards,

Rick

Reply to
Rick

It only works if you happen to be running Windows anyway.

The quickest way to produce such characters is to use a different keyboard layout. KDE (one of the GUIs for Linux) makes this more obvious than Windows does, but I used to have Windows configured to allow me to switch among several layouts too.

Spanish gets you:

¡! ¿? á é í ó ú à è ì ò ù â ê î ô û ä ë ï ö ü ñ Ñ çÇ ºª ?

though it makes many of the punctuation characters hard to find, and it takes a bit of getting used to.

OK, OK, I'm a language dork. :)

Reply to
Silvan

Thats the problem with them indian word ,lotsa ways to spell em.

-- mike hide

Reply to
Mike Hide

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Sat, Sep 20, 2003, 2:08pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Mike=A0Hide) says: Thats the problem with them indian word ,lotsa ways to spell em.

Even worse, French.

bom=B7b=E9 =A0=A0 (=A0P=A0)=A0=A0Pronunciation Key=A0=A0(bmb, b=F4-) adj. Curving or bulging outward. Used of furniture. [French, from bombe, bomb. See bomb.]

Found this definitition too, so now need to figure out if the guy is wanting to make a chest, or dessert.

bombe =A0=A0 (=A0P=A0)=A0=A0Pronunciation Key=A0=A0(bm, b=F4b) n. A dessert consisting of two or more layers of variously flavored ice cream frozen in a round or melon-shaped mold. [French (from its shape). See bomb.]

But now, a lot of us can be much more sophisticated. Instead of saying we have a fat gut, we can just say we have a bombe shape.

JOAT The whole of life is a learning process.

- John Keel

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 20 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

-- mike hide

Even worse, French.

bom·bé ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bmb, bô-) adj. Curving or bulging outward. Used of furniture. [French, from bombe, bomb. See bomb.]

Found this definitition too, so now need to figure out if the guy is wanting to make a chest, or dessert.

Thank goodness the guy isn't in the Air Force, he would be making chests with huge doors on the bottom, [bomb bay !!!]

Reply to
Mike Hide

this link out, NOT a chest but one heck of a bombe. A real masterpiece!

Great site.

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ